Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Paul E. Dangerously

View Single Post

Old 07-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
dave 1981
Getting over in the mid-card

dave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a push
Default Re: Paul E. Dangerously

1991 and 1992 are two of my all time favorite years in wrestling as i loved both WWE and WCW at that time and Paul Heyman leading The Dangerous Alliance will always stand out to me from that period. From the origins at Halloween Havoc with Rick Rude debuting and then The Enforcers slamming "breaking" the arm of Barry Windham and then that great promo by Paul Heyman declaring he would get revenge on WCW i was instantly hooked.

I grew up a fan of NWA/JCP/WCW over WWE and only began watching WWE on a regular basis sometime in early 1991 although i'd always had their PPV's bought for me on video so i'd watched WWE as far back as 1988. I made a thread not too long ago in which i stated The Dangerous Alliance are the most underrated stable in history and the talent they had in Rick Rude, Steve Austin, Bobby Eaton, Arn Anderson, Larry Zbysko and Madusa was as great as any stable has ever had before or after in my opinion.

Reading one of JR's blogs the other day made me go back and watch a lot of Paul Heyman promos as he said he believes Paul Heyman to be one of the greatest heel mic workers of all time, i had already though similar but just wanted to watch a few older promos as it's rare to see a great heel promo these days. You can see as far back as when he was doing commentary with Jim Ross you could see he was a great talker although i missed his early managing days so didn't see anything of him prior to his commentary days.

For anyone wanting to see a truly great heel mic worker as a manager outside of Bobby Heenan then i would say go and watch WCW from Halloween Havoc in 1991 all the way through to Halloween Havoc in 1992 which was when The Dangerous Alliance were around and at their best to see Paul Heyman at work. He added a lot to the feuds The Dangerous Alliance had with Sting, Ricky Steamboat, Dustin Rhodes, Barry Windham and Nikita Koloff and i think Stone Cold Steve Austin learnt a lot about mic work from Paul Heyman during that time.