Wrestling Forum banner

WF Fantasy Basketball Keeper League - WEEK 1 (soon)

108K views 3K replies 28 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 · (Edited)
Discussions pertaining to the WF Keeper Basketball League go here.

Championship History

2011/12
1st - Aid180
2nd - JM
3rd - WWF

2012/13
1st - Myst
2nd - Red Viper
3rd - JM

2013/14
1st - JM
2nd - Notorious
3rd - Aid180

2014/15
1st - JM
2nd - UDFK
3rd - WWF

2014/15 Keepers and VRs said:
JM - Davis Harden Mello Leonard (4) Lowry (7)
WWF - Curry Lawson Thomas (9) Asik (15)
Aidan - Durant Lillard Bryant Dragic (6) Rose (15)
STAX - Noah Thompson Irving Faried (5) Bledsoe (6)
Brye - Paul Ellis Bosh (5) Oliadipo (8)
Flex - Batum Parker (4) Colison (15)
SW - Love Nowitzki Jennings Hill (7) Noel (15)
NOTO - Cousins Drummond Wall Martin (9) Sullinger (14)
Myst - Aldridge Conley Rondo (8) Korver (14)
Champ - Westbrook Jefferson Ibaka Gasol (5) Stevenson (15)
UDFK - James Griffin Millsap (5) Jordan (14)
CHIP - Howard Gay Beal Carter-Williams (11) Ross (15)
2015/16 Keepers and VRs said:
JM: Anthony Davis, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, Kyle Lowry (7), Paul George (9)
Aid: Kevin Durant, Damian Lillard, Carmelo Anthony, Goran Dragic (6), Derrick Rose (15)
Notorious: DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, John Wall, Julius Randle (14), Rudy Gobert (15)
UDFK: Blake Griffin, Andrew Wiggins, DeAndre Jordan (14), Hassan Whiteside (15)
La Parka: Jimmy Butler (6)
PHX: Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, Al Jefferson, Pau Gasol (5), Brandon Knight (7)
Myst: LaMarcus Aldridge, Gordon Hayward, Kyle Korver (14), Kris Middleton (15)
Marty: Stephen Curry, Marc Gasol, Ty Lawson, Giannis Antetokounmpo (8), Wilson Chandler (15)
Brye: Chris Paul, Monta Ellis, Nikola Vucevic, Bosh (5), Oladipo (8)
Hawk Harrelson: Lebron James, George Hill (7), Nerlen Noel (15)
Stax Classic: Klay Thompson, Kyrie Irving, Jeff Teague, Eric Bledsoe (6), Danilo Gallinari (15)
Chip Kelly: Dwight Howard, Rudy Gay, Bradley Beal, DeMar DeRozan (4), Greg Monroe (6)
CURRENT NEWS

New League Rules for this year:
- You now have 3 keepers and 2 VR picks
- Keepers are the first 3 RDs in the draft
- VRs allow you to draft 2 players on your team in the same round that they were drafted in last year
- Players can be kept only 3 times
- Players can be VRed only twice
- If you VR someone twice they have 1 additional year of keeper eligibility to make the 3 years
- No draft pick trading during the season, only in the window between league reactivation and the DRAFT

Tentative Date for Draft: Oct 17, 2015 @ 8pm ET

Able to make it:
1. JM
2. NOTO
3. PHX
4. Marty​

See less See more
#734 ·
Re: Fantasy Basketball - **WF Keeper League** - Off-season mode

It was Noah & Batum for Deng & Jonas Jerebko and I dropped Jerebko as soon as I acquired him and picked up Tayshaun Prince from the waiver wire. Which ended up being a good pickup cause Prince had a good 2nd half.

Deal really wasn't that lopsided at that time. Deng was putting up pretty good numbers and Batum was a backup. After the trade, Deng ended up getting hurt and his numbers declined, Noah had a strong 2nd half and the Blazers traded Wallace and made Batum the starter so of course his numbers increased.

#736 ·

Batum was a strong contributor before the trade. Underrated contributor. He picked it up but I knew I valued him a lot more than you and I took advantage of that. Starter had nothing to do with it really. He was playing close to 30 a game before Wallace was traded.

I use algorithms straight up. I don't care about the player rater. It's not format specific...

#740 ·

Hahaha that was an awesome post GA. This is why I secretly love you.

I did say as well I would trade for Dwight in a heart beat, only to flip him immediately to some naive owner. I guess my secret is out now though.

#743 ·

Hey Notorious, I'll give you Batum for DWIGHT OMG DWIGHT WHAT A MAN WHAT A GUY STUD STUD STUD HOWARD.

#746 ·

You're only allowed to propose offers for Dwight by adding one of Dwights Nicknames. As you can see I used DWIGHT OMG DWIGHT WHAT A MAN WHAT A GUY STUD STUD STUD HOWARD.

#747 ·

Dwight is still worth a ton, but you really have to put a lot of thought into your team beforehand to get the most out of him. If you have Dwight or Blake Griffin on your team it is just about impossible to win FT%. You can't even balance it out by getting a ton of great FT% guys on your team there is no point in trying.

With that said. I will be the sad fuck that takes Dwight if his owner doesn't want him.

#753 ·

Keeper will probably get pushed back to 2 weeks before the draft is, whenever the draft may be. That'll be the deadline to make any trades involving picks for the upcoming draft as well so I have time to get the draft set up.

We will do offline draft so it'll probably start a month before the season starts.

#756 ·

You know what I mean!

Draft should go relatively smooth. Hopefully IYF is back up and running by then. Everyone else in this league can be considered reliable.

#757 ·

I hope whoever is offering JM a 6th round pick for Batum would please consider the fact that JM has Kevin Love and LeBron James on his team.

It would be wise for anyone that actually cares about competitive balance to boycott trading with JM for the time being. Especially giving him 6th round picks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.