Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - NBA Off-season Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #944 (permalink)
Miester
yippee-ki-yay

Miester probably won't be missedMiester probably won't be missedMiester probably won't be missedMiester probably won't be missedMiester probably won't be missedMiester probably won't be missedMiester probably won't be missedMiester probably won't be missedMiester probably won't be missedMiester probably won't be missedMiester probably won't be missed
Default Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Come on, the Raptors did have a shot at Nash and you'd be delusional to say that weren't the leading candidates to get Nash at one point.
No, I don't think they really did have a shot. This is coming from a Raptors fan too. Sure, we made our pitch, he listened to us. We offered him the most cash. That's all we can really offer him though. Everyone in Toronto though has this idea that Nash, KID CANADA, should want to come finish his career at home (when in actuality, the guy is from Victoria BC, no where near Toronto..) The benefit of him signing here is all for Canada. If you look and focus on the benefits for HIM, Toronto is last on the list of teams interested like LA, NY, DAL, etc. He had no reason to come here except money, and I dont think that was ever priority number one for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
I don't get how it would be "hard to put on a Laker jersey and play for them, he considers them his rivals, wants to beat them instead of join them, is old-school", is pretty much saying he doesn't want to be a Laker but yet he requests a trade to them. Not buying the thing about him being an hour away from his kids, sure it's a benefit for Steve for playing with the Lakers but I doubt it was that big of a deal in his decision. Because like I said if that was the case he would've never considered any other team besides the Lakers.
For me, it would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That's just the way it is," Nash said. "You play against them so many times in the playoffs, and I just use them as an example, and I have the utmost respect for them and their organization.

"I kind of have that tendency (to try to beat the best teams), so it is strange, but as a free agent you're free to go where you want, so I'd have to consider everything regardless of the past or the future."

--------------------------

That's the full quote. He just plainly said it'd be hard to play with them, but he respects the org and would have to consider it. Clearly he considered it. And like I've said, I dont think he considered the Raps and he considered NYC because the ex and kids would have moved to the NY area. So that leaves him with moving kids cross country to NY, or playing on a better team, closer to home and allowing them to stay where they are. I dont think its that hard to get.

Couldn't have said it better myself Joey. Great to see you back.