Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennis Discussion Thread

244K views 7K replies 141 participants last post by  Nige™ 
#1 ·

Hot off the heels of an amazing French Open, the men and women now turn to the grass courts of Wimbledon. Can Rafa continue with his momentum, or can Novak wrestle it back? Can Federer rise up and collect another slam? Can Murray get a breakthrough slam in front of his home crowd? Will there be a darkhorse shocker like Tomic :side: to come through and take the world by storm?

I'm thoroughly looking forward to this event, it's my favourite slam and I'm really hoping to see some great tennis on display. As far as the ladies go, you'd have to think Sharapova, Kvitova, Serena, Azarenka etc will all be in the mix, Stosur a slight chance provided she doesn't choke it up in monumental fashion, and well, who knows with the women, Wozniacki might even break through and break her duck.

June 25th, can't come soon enough.

See less See more
#88 ·
re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Djokovic, Federer and Murray all looked fantastic in the first round, Nadal not so much but he does tend to start out at Wimbledon a little slowly. Was very impressed with Murray his his play against Davydenko, he never gave him a chance. Still cant see him winning though, unless someone like Tsonga knocks out Nadal and he gets to the final, but even then, Djoko or Fed would probably beat him.

Stosur is just awful on grass, Im not sure if it's her telling herself that she cant play on grass that makes her bad, or just that she's terrible on grass. Really great win for Heather Watson too. Good tournament so far. I look forward to Djokvoc/Harrison.

#114 ·

What is going on today.

All the favorites loosing (*cough* Germany *cough*).

Nole hopefully won't fuck up this gift.

#115 ·

I cant actully believe what just happened. Who in the world is this guy? And if he can play like that, why is he 100 in the world or so? What a freak performance, Nadal didnt play his best for a lot of the match but Rosol was literally unplayable for most of the match. Absolutely amazing. I'm intrigued to see if that was just a one off performance, or if he can back it up in the next round, will be interesting for sure.

And I dont want to jinx it, but this is great news for Murray. It's his best shot at making the final so far. He has an incredibly tough draw all the way through, and his next round will be anything but easy, but it just got easier if he happens to make his way through to the semi finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.