Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 07-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #161 (permalink)
Melvis
The Knight

Melvis Melvis Melvis Melvis Melvis Melvis Melvis Melvis Melvis Melvis Melvis
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

PREDICTION TEMPLATE
~A Very Merry War~
December 26th, 2007
*Special 2-Hour Supershow*
FINAL CARD

~AOW Heavyweight Championship~
*If Shawn Michaels loses, he can no longer compete*

Chris Jericho(c) w/Paul “The Great” Wright v. Shawn Michaels

Jericho for several reasons. Firstly, though least importantly, as I mentioned in the previous feedback, HBK has been on top for the majority of this feud, and if Jericho lost here, it might be a little hard to take him seriously afterwards. Second is the Christian issue; I genuinely think Christian/Jericho is your BIG money match, one with some real heat behind it and it'd be easy to support Christian as the crusading face. The Heyman situation ties into that somewhat, and given that Christian is out to 'save' the company - if HBK wins the title, the company is already saved before Christian gets his chance to do it. In terms of the HBK no-compete issue, I think it does wonders for Jericho's character to be able to say that he ejected RVD from the top tiers of AOW - and now Michaels from all competition. If you really want to bring him back later, then a possible Foley-replacing-Heyman could initiate that, or Samoa Joe could demand a match with him to settle some old scores, then campaign for him to be reinstated just to kick his ass. If you're not done with HBK, there are ways to work around the stipulation, as I assume you'll eventually do for RVD, but long story short, there are vastly more possibilities with Jericho as champion than there are with Michaels. Jericho to win, clean or otherwise, elevating him to super-heel level and make him even more of a menace to AOW so Christian can eventually bring him down.

~AOW Dynasty Championship~
Muhammad Hassan(c) v. CM Punk

Needs to be said that this has been booked excellently. It's been a slow-burn feud with various twists, from Hassan's initial title win, refusing to accept Punk's challenges, the $50,000, Storm's inclusion, the Mercs, the whole 'street rat' saga and now the alcohol from the past Oblivion. This has all been set up for Punk, as the scrapping street rat you've built him up to be, to overcome the odds and take the title for the feel-good match. Punk then comes out of this looking brilliant, set to defend against the multitude of excellent heels you have around, whether that's just a Hassan rematch, or Doane, Carlito... even Lashley if you were thinking stable war? Just occurs to me, that would an epic story branch, you should look into that. Punk to prevail thanks to his good friend Booking 101 here.

Rob Van Dam makes an announcement

~Grudge Match~
Samoa Joe v. Bobby Lashley

I'm going to be tactical about this and call No Contest or Double Count-Out if I may. It may be that Joe knocks off Lashley in some mind-blowing spot and goes on to challenge Jericho on the back of that, especially if you're not going to pull the Christian trigger yet, but in the meantime, I'll take a gamble and say these two tanks cancel each other out somehow. As I say, fully ready for a Joe win to launch him if I'm wrong.

*4-WAY LADDER MATCH*
~AOW Tag Team Championship~

World’s Greatest Tag Team(c) v. American Made v. Sons of the Dungeon v. Samoan Fight Club

Hardest one to call. I think SFC's win last week was just the token one to let them get their momentum back, also making sure they won't suffer in losing this match. You teased WGTT and Jericho, so I'll say the Sons take the titles (showing their workrate and desire to follow in their ancestors' footsteps, yeah for the Harts ) so they can feud with the plethora of heel teams you have, SFC, American Made, the awesome Mercenaries, etc. Then the failure drives WGTT to heeldom, aligning with the Legion and leaving the Hooliganz or Low Jack to step into the role as No. 2 face team. WGTT join Jericho, Show, Lashley and possibly Doane, before Christian comes back and kicks off into an epic STAAABLE WAR in an attempt to make sure that if the section does the BTB Awards at the end of the year, you'll have a lock on Best Storyline. You crafty devil you.

*Bonus Questions*

1) Select the match order - Punk to open the show with a feel-good win, then Joe/Lashley, Ladder Match and Jericho/HBK closes.
2) Select the winners of the matches - Done.
3) Will there be any surprise appearances? If so, by whom? Finlay if he counts... should I risk Christian? No, I'll say next week instead, so HBK's loss can sink in.
4) Will there be any blood? If so, which match? There's a case for it in all four, but I'll say someone gets cut in the Ladder Match in some crazy spot, otherwise no dice.
5) What will RVD’s announcement be pertaining to? He decides there's no point staying around if he can't compete for titles, says the man known as RVD is leaving... then Finlay comes out, beats him up, and says (and don't give me the points if this isn't his exact line) "When AOW falls... you have my permission to die." (or "quit", whatever).

It's going to be awesome, can't wait.