Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Starrcade 97...how would you have booked the ending and Bret Hart?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 PM
RyanPelley
Winning World titles, Custom Made Clothes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Re: Starrcade 97...how would you have booked the ending and Bret Hart?

Just my opinion, but I thought the New World Order after 1997 was absolutely horrible, and Black and White vs. Wolfpac was as bad as it gets. That being said, Starrcade 1997 should have began the eventual disbanding of the NWO. They defeated everyone they went up against, they won every title, and had about 25 members.

A year long buildup with one of the most interesting and perfectly done character transformations in Sting. After being made a mockery of (fake Sting), toyed with, egged on, finally Sting gets Hogan. Sting should have defeated Hogan cleanly without any bullshit false ending (ruined everything). Sure, let's blame that on Hogan's ego, because I'm sure that no one will deny it wasn't all on him.

Sting wins clean, without any Bret Hart involvement, leading to the NWO disbanding, which should have been forever. No 15 other versions of it. Next night on Nitro, Hogan blames the rest of the NWO for not coming to his aid. Sting got into their heads. They were terrified of him, and stayed back, instead of having the same fates as Hogan. Hollywood is disgusted, especially with Hall and Nash. Back and forth, they didn't have his back, and they are gone from the NWO. (Continue the tag team, until the eventual split. Just no shitty faction feuds)

While Hogan feels everyone let him down, they believe that he let them down, filling their head with bullshit, leading a war against WCW, and he was unable to get the job done. Hogan is all alone as the rest drift off.

BERT "THE HATMAN" HORT

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome