Not open for further replies.

MLB: ONE WEEK!

126K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  DesolationRow 
#1 ·
The Cubs are so awful.

Discuss.

#1,639 ·
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Johnny Pesky dies at 92...long-time Red Sox player and coach. I understand all the appreciation and love for the guy, yet the pro-Red Sox ESPN fails to mention Game 7 of the 1946 World Series, when Pesky held the ball during Enos Slaughter's mad dash from first to win the WS for the Cardinals.

Wonder how people think about the fact that the Nationals are ready to shut Stephen Strasburg down for the season when he hits the 160-inning mark. He's gone 133 so far. And right now, the Nationals aren't guaranteed to win their division right now anyway (with a 5 1/2 game lead on the Braves). I understand why you want to protect your star and the man you want as the face of your franchise for the next 10 years. However, the idea is to win, and it makes him look soft, no matter whether the team wants to do this or not. If they do, I hope the Nats go in the tank and blow their lead and lose out.

#1,640 ·

Alright well here's my view on the fucking Red Sox today.

One day, ONE DAY after Johnny Pesky's death we get this meeting shit. I've lost all the respect I've had for Pedroia and A-Gon on account of being fucking bitches. A-Gon is bitching about a game from a month ago. A game where Bobby left in Lester perhaps a little too long against the Jays. Perhaps to eat some innings so our pen didn't have to. Perhaps because Lester went on to pitch two scoreless after the 2nd, and then gave up two more runs and came out. Who knows. Regardless, shut the fuck A-Gon, this isn't preschool.

Pedroia is fucking douche. Went from being the workhorse of the team to the crybaby and I feel like it's because he isn't being pampered by Francona anymore and we traded his buddy Youk. I always thought of him as a leader but not anymore, fuck him. You wanna complain Dustin? I'll complain about something, WHAT THE FUCK happened last September, brah? Can't blame that on Bobby.

And the bullshit is that this will all be pinned on Bobby when the team finishes off the year still playing like shit. It's not that Beckett and Lester are shit and that the team has no focus, it's apparently Bobby V, who has done a passable job given the fact that he wasn't even given a chance to start the season.

And fuck you John Lackey, piece of shit.

#1,642 ·

Damn can't rep you for that great rant Brye. Must spread.

I've somewhat followed the Red Sox this year due to fantasy (Aviles, Ellsbury, Crawford), and it's definitely not Valentine's fault. I blamed him early, but that was mostly in jest because I'm not a Bobby V fan. Injuries have ravaged that team and for them to cry about bullshit...I can understand your frustration. Plus Lester and Beckett have been pretty bad.

#1,645 ·

Buchholz is the one guy I've stuck with on this team. Him and Aceves are the only two I really like now and Buchholz is still one of my favorite players in baseball. I'm glad he's had success this year after a rocky start. Still an Ortiz fan but even he's done a few questionable things.

Buster Olney (I believe it was him) reported there were 17 guys at the meeting so I'm curious who else had something to say.

I understand that Bobby V probably wasn't the best idea for the team but he's been far less a problem than the players have been. Boston media can turn someone coughing into a headline story and that doesn't help much either.

#1,647 ·

Red Sox are spiraling out of control...

Only problem Cardinals have ever had is that bitch Colby Rasmus and how he don't give a fuck what La Russa says and only wants to listen to his daddy.

That being said, I think the Red Sox are blaming Bobby V because they can't look past their ego and realize how bad they actually fucking suck.

#1,703 ·

I don't know if it's because of today's events or what but no one looked like they had any interest in playing tonight.

I'm really fucking sick of these guys. Guys that I was a big fan of just a couple years ago.
The Red Sox management should have started cleaning house with more than just Youkilis. Problem is, they just sit on their asses and twiddled their thumbs last year and then wonder why everything went to shit. With the Cardinals, they had enough of Rasmus and traded him. At some point, you have to shit or get off the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.