Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

630K views 4K replies 560 participants last post by  Headliner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67...nfronts-mick-foley-in-wrestlemania-hotel.html

The following video has leaked online, although as to what the purpose is, I can't yet tell you. It features Mick Foley being confronted for what "his generation" did to the wrestling business by WWE developmental talent Dean Ambrose, who had a dark match last night at the Raw taping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcwPGLqQ9I

A bit of an odd one. Is this legit beef Ambrose has with Foley or worked? If it's the latter then can we read into it that Ambrose will be moving up to the main roster pretty sharpish? Seems a bit too random.

Could Ambrose get onto the main roster and straight into a feud with Foley?

(ps, apologies if thread has already been created, I can't see any threads in the General WWE section due to forum problems)

EDIT: Here is a great recap of the feud so far for those that don't want to read through 20+ pages of us all marking out like little kids. Credit to Beatles123 for this:

Look on the first page.

It started with that vid. Since then, he's been trying to make Foley be exposed as the cause of, as he puts it, "A lost generation" trying to emulate Foley and getting hurt, as well as Dean himself. He had been through countless deathmatches in CZW and injured his body, as well as seeing his friends not survive because of it.

He has posted vids of people injuring themselves doing backyard wrestling and such, as well as posting pica of his scarred body and making it known that he was being told by WWE to go home when he was arriving to debut because of Foley. He feels he's holding him down like HE'S a criminal when Foley is the same thing.

Foley does not want any part of it because Ambrose would not show him respect and not mention his children. in addition to Regal telling Mick to be careful due to his psychological mindgames, Ambrose counters by saying he never did mention them, but Foley IS blinding them to reality. Foley says he can't get into this like Cactus Jack did in 1995 with his "Cane Dewy" promo. not at his age and not with someone he feels can seriously take liberties in the ring. Ambrose mournes the loss of Foley's "Testicular Fortitude" and calls him, in terms he can understand, "The cowardly lion of WWE"

To be continued...

#3,325 ·
I actually like the idea of introducing him as AJ's lover. I really wish they'd go this route (*cough*OrAnyRouteAtAll*uncough*). They both have the crazy, psychotic, dark pasts to play off of. She can make a heel turn in the process. Have him first be second fiddle to her, her bring him in as her new boyfriend. Appearing with her backstage and such. And then eventually make the shift where she's his manager as he moves to in-ring competition. She's pretty over right now. It'd be a nice little story to help get him over to the general audience. Eventually, he can turn on her and she can go back to being the heartbroken crazy chick again. Hell, it's SOMETHING. And it's better than AJ & Cena (ugh).

#3,327 ·
Once I heard AJ mention she was homeless and had to live in her car, I admittedly had a mark out moment. I've said it before, but I think they could be the Harley Quinn and Joker of the WWE. AJ being a bit more of a playful crazy and Ambrose being just completely bat shit crazy. She could even interfere with a Shinning Wizard here and there or by being flirtatious with opponent or referee, and Ambrose takes advantage by inflicting pain through illegal attacks. When the time comes to split them, have Ambrose become increasingly unstable bordering on abusive (see Moxleys. "I'm just a sick guy promo") until a face starts feuding with him because of it. Face comes off as a hero, bully gets his, and Ambrose finally gets on tv.

#3,342 ·
I think everyone's getting a little impatient w/ Ambrose. Seriously, didn't think about Ambrose once during AJ's promo. AJ saying she was homeless was just to build sympathy for her. I have no clue where this storyline is going, but it will involve AJ, Cena, Vickie, Ziggler and maybe Punk and Heyman will get involved. I love Ambrose, but this storyline is way too big for him to debut right off the bat.

I still say he will debut against Kane. It's perfect for him. Characters mesh well. Kane is tenured star. He has put other stars over in the past. To me, once Team Hell No is over, Bryan will move onto one of the World Titles and Ambrose will debut against Kane.

#3,343 ·
On another note, I'm happy to see that Sami got a Dark Match before Smackdown this week
.... Really??!!!

...what...
O... OH MY GOD!!!
if he debuts with Caillihan I will cry with happiness...
I'd mark the hell out if he and Ambrose debuted as a team both are probably the greatest promo cutters in wrestling atm THey both have great chemistry together.
..fuck. Fuck. FUCK FUCK FUCK!! How awesome would that be guys oh my lord jesus christ mother of god askdjfkasdjf ösdj sdösdasdfsdfasfsdfa

#3,350 ·
Is it really such a bad idea to suggest that Callihan, and Ambrose would own as a tag team? Two easily solid mic workers with characters unmatched at the moment. They are as unique as they come, and would seriously own as a tag team on NXT, or any WWE show for that matter.

#3,354 ·
Agree, and nice video to. I have heard, and watched better promos by both men. Didn't know they were already a tag team prior. It just seems natural that those two men would be in a tag team. There is something about both men that makes them seem more appealing while together. I think they are both solid singles competitors, but as a tag team they could become something legendary for the WWE. Obviously the PG Era would have to end, but those two would be exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.