Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Book thread.

View Single Post

Old 06-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #847 (permalink)
WWCturbo
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

WWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friendsWWCturbo needs to make some friends
Default Re: The Book thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the modern myth View Post
You can get his first four novels (his only four, I think) as a collected set called the 'Bandini Quartet'. Each book follows the same character, Arturo Bandini, through his adolescent life into adult hood. He is a self righteous prick of a charcater, really hypocrotical and naive, yet full of himself. He's such a great character - imagine Henry Chinaski with Catholic guilt and an angry Italian family. I read an anecdote where a drunkern Bukowski was throwing bottles into the road, yelling "I am Arturo Bandini!" He's a great anti-hero.

Check out Celine, as well. It's heavy going but Bukowski really raved about him; he romantically reminisced about a week spent beneath the covers, drinking port and eating crackers, reading Celine's "Journey to the end of the Night". It was an obvious influence on his writing - brutally honest and misanthropic.
Sounds awesome! Thanks a lot for the recommendations!