Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Jay Z is overrated.

View Single Post

Old 06-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #100 (permalink)
CGS
Celebrating my first World title

CGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whore
Default Re: Jay Z is overrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firallon View Post
I'm not going to lie, some of those were actually pretty decent. Maybe I've been guided to the wrong places?

Let me give you some examples of rap that most of my friends listen to (or used to listen to, as it seems some rap listeners stop listening to a song after a short period of time, as they consider the song "old") and music that people in my neighborhood listen to that I absolutely hate:

And a canidate for the worst song of all time:

And much more.
Yeah thats the commercial side of the genre that non hip hop fans will see which is a shame since it does the genre no justice at all but sells like Crazy. Even seen a couple rappers like Drake who while was never at the level the likes of Pac, BIG, Em, Dre, Nas etc... lyrically he wasn't too bad when he first started out but has water himself down a great deal in order to sell more.

Edit

On the discussion of shitty rap how has this guy not been mentioned yet

I remember Back in like 07/08 the guy was pretty much hailed as the person who killed Hip Hop

GOAT STEVIE G

Last edited by CGS : 06-29-2012 at 08:59 AM.
CGS is offline   Reply With Quote