Re: Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread
The problem here is not really the fact that there were squash matches. I'd expect that at this point. It's the length of the squashes that was the issue.
Squash matches that are 5 minutes long on NXT are fine, as the person that wins gets to showcase their talents. But squash matches that are only 2 minutes are counter-productive, really. Looking at the lengths:
- Seth Rollins squash (1 minute, 32 seconds)
- Jinder Mahal vs Jason Jordan (2 minutes, 52 seconds)
- Leo Kruger squash (1 minute, 35 seconds)
- The Usos vs The Ascension (3 minutes, 40 seconds)
- Richie Steamboat squash (4 minutes, 24 seconds)
- Antonio Cesaro squash (1 minute, 45 seconds)
- Johnny Curtis vs Derrick Bateman (3 minutes, 47 seconds)
Also, I can't take Johnny Curtis seriously after his SmackDown gimmick. Ascension look like they're heading upwards, I wonder if they would take a gamble and debut them at Raw 1000? Surely that show will showcase the future as well as the past?
Kruger was alright, but his in-ring posture looked too similar to Damien Sandow for my liking.