Not open for further replies.

NBA Off-season Thread

120K views 4K replies 102 participants last post by  Notorious 
#1 ·
King James rules supreme.

So yeah, off season time. Commence.

#140 ·
Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012

Norris Cole was good in the Finals but he was shit the 2nd half of the season and the first 3 rounds. I remember after he killed Boston in the 2nd game of the season people were saying he should have been the starting PG.

#141 ·

Norris Cole was good in the Finals but he was shit the 2nd half of the season and the first 3 rounds. I remember after he killed Boston in the 2nd game of the season people were saying he should have been the starting PG.
He could've been but he had a bad game and he seen his minutes began to decrease and there was nothing he could do from there to show why he should/could have been the starting PG. Everyone has a bad game every now and then, it happens, for some reason he got shoved aside after..

#143 · (Edited)

I figured his time in San Antonio wouldn't be that long.

Why the fuck Pop played Matt Bonner over him is idiotic. He deserves better, although I do think it was a right move to start Diaw over him.

Apparently Minnesota is shopping Derrick Williams but it's doubtful that they get a deal because teams say their asking price is too high.

#150 ·

To be honest I'd do it if we're going for a full rebuild aka blow the team up completely.

Cause I've got a feeling KG is retiring and if KG retires we're gonna rebuild.

@HeatWave: I'm expecting the worst from the Kings lol.

#152 ·

. Mark Jackson was the target of an extortion plot that was being carried out by an ex-stripper and an ex-con. According to The Smoking Gun, Jackson had sent nude photos of himself to Alexis Adams during an affair around six years ago. From TSG:

The shakedown scheme, which was foiled by the FBI with Jackson’s cooperation, resulted this week in the arrest of Alexis Adams, the former dancer, and her alleged coconspirator, ex-convict Marcus Shaw.

Adams, 28, and Shaw, 40, have been named in felony criminal complaints filed under seal in U.S. District Court in Oakland, California. The duo, whose relationship is unclear, is accused of trying to extort a six-figure payment from Jackson in return for them not disseminating/selling the explicit photos to the “vultures of the media.”

Jackson, who has been married for 22-years, met Adams while he was working as an announcer for the New Jersey Nets and she was dancing at a gentleman’s club in New York. Jackson was first approached by Shaw in April in Memphis.

The man–who Jackson later identified as Shaw–showed the NBA coach a “folder containing some of the compromising photos” and a CD that he said contained “recordings of voice mail messages” that Jackson “left for Adams during their affair.”

When Jackson asked what he sought for the photos and recordings, Shaw replied, “I want to be made whole.” Shaw, who claimed to have found the compromising material in a storage locker he had purchased for $3500, said he wanted money to fix his teeth and get his car out of an impound lot.

Jackson eventually gave Shaw $5000. The Warriors’ coach contacted the authorities after the extortionists contacted his wife. Jackson offered up to $200,000 to get the photos back.

#157 ·

That's not a reason to give up on him so quickly. Just one shortened season. Besides, going into the draft, everyone should have known he was going to be a project. I'm still high on him.

per twitter: Bulls are taking Tyshawn Taylor at 29.

And the ESPN Bulls beat writer says they're not dealing.

fpalm

let's just stand pat and see how core can fail again in two seasons. great stuff here, bulls GMs. :no:

#160 ·

The Cavs are shopping Anderson Varejao for a lottery pick, probably late lottery.

The Suns pick is between Kendall Marshall and Jeremy Lamb, the Suns are reportedly leaning towards Marshall. The Suns have the 13th pick I believe.

#163 ·

The Cavs are shopping Anderson Varejao for a lottery pick, probably late lottery.

The Suns pick is between Kendall Marshall and Jeremy Lamb, the Suns are reportedly leaning towards Marshall. The Suns have the 13th pick I believe.
They just made extended qualifying offer to Brooks (and Lopez) as well..Why are Cavs shopping for another pick? Had 2 lotterys last year, 1 this year plus 24th pick..If you're not happy with 3 lottery picks in 2 years, something is wrong imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.