Not open for further replies.

MLB: ONE WEEK!

126K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  DesolationRow 
#1 ·
The Cubs are so awful.

Discuss.

#1,437 ·
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Cardinals should go after Cliff Lee. His win total would go up if he joined our offensive minded team. Im not sure we have the prospects to get him though. Im not willing to give up Kolten Wong, or Oscar Taveras. Phillies can have Matt Adams, Zack Cox and Shelby Miller.

#1,445 ·

Speaking of the Jays, they've been hit as hard as Boston with the injuries. Arencibia is out for awhile now. Lawrie somehow didn't break his leg the other day with a crazy daredevil dive into the media box. We all know about their pitching injuries plus Baustista already.

#1,447 ·

The Reds with another clutch ninth inning comeback as former Reds closer Coco Cordero blows his second straight save attempt against the Reds. :D:

7 straight wins baby!

#1,450 ·

What the Marlins have done in the past three days is trade two months of a pitcher they probably weren’t going to re-sign, a year and a half of an average second baseman, and an overpaid underachiever who most teams wouldn’t have even claimed on waivers. As Knobler notes, the Marlins were willing to pick up half of Ramirez’s salary to trade him to Oakland, and Billy Beane was hesitant to even pull the trigger at that price. This wasn’t so much a fire sale as it was an inventory closeout of unwanted goods.
-Dave Cameron of Fangraphs

So fucking true, people just love to hate the Marlins, no matter what they do.

#1,451 ·

Oh, Jerry. fpalm

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/8200951/speaking-panel-wednesday-white-sox-owner-jerry-reinsdorf-sounded-open-idea-contraction-baseball

Speaking on a panel discussion about baseball in Israel, White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf was asked by a fan about the possibility of international expansion. He said he'd rather see two teams contracted.

"I don't see any baseball expansion right now," he said. "If it were up to me, I would contract two teams. But I certainly don't think expansion on the horizon."
Besides, attendance is up like 7% from last year. Contraction would just be silly.

And I got a kick out of the ESPN comments, as usual, CONTRACT THE WHITE SOX THEY 24TH IN ATTENDANCE THEY FANS STINK LULZAROONEY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.