Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Montreal Incident
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 12:42 AM
KO Bossy
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches

Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Re: The Montreal Screwjob.. Who acted worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble Trouble View Post
I voted Bret, for refusing to drop the title in Canada. I know HBK said he wouldn't do the job for Bret but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Bret should have been the bigger man and done what was best for business.

I hate to sound like an asshole but everything that happened to Bret since was karma. And while HBK has done tons of rotten shit in his career, he had 1 moment that was truly good for business, made Vince tons of money and changed the business, when he dropped the belt to Austin. Bret shouldn't have worried or bitched about losing in Canada. I could see if it was Calgary but it was fucking Montreal. And the fact that HBK bitched his entire career and got away with it, yet Bret refuses to do a job and gets screwed, it tells you how highly Vince thought of HBK compared to Bret. He saw more money in HBK and also, I think Bret was still pissed he had to job at WM 12.
You are aware that Shawn did not want to drop the belt to Austin and it was only under the threat of physical injury and violence from Undertaker that he was basically forced to do it, right?

It was absolutely HBK and Vince who were the ones at fault here. Anyone saying that Bret screwed Bret is a fucking idiot. Please tell me how it is anyone, ANYONE, can justify international humiliation in front of millions of people by being betrayed by your boss (in an industry that relies HEAVILY on trust) because the man he was scheduled to do business with was already violating said trust by being a dangerous, unprofessional jerk and Bret stood up for himself. Never once did Bret say he wouldn't job to Shawn, he only ever said he wanted to retain in Canada and would gladly lose it on television the next night or week after. However, Vince was terrified of another Alundra Blayze incident occurring and thought Bret would just boogie down to Atlanta with his world title, instead of giving Bret the benefit of the doubt, since they'd been friends and business associates for...15 or so years. So what is the logical decision in this case? Let's conspire with the self centered, highly political, degenerate drug addict to fuck Bret over!

Way to choose sides there, Vinnie.

As far as I'm concerned there is no debate here. Bret absolutely did not deserve what happened to him. Whoever thinks he does, picture this: you're at work and your boss says "take this toothbrush and go clean toilets." You say "no, that's not my job." Your boss says fine. Next thing you know, a video of you doing something extremely embarrassing (use your imagination) airs on TV on all major channels. It turns out it was your boss who had it put on the air and he did it as a way of fucking you over because you wouldn't do what he asked. Now tell me, did you deserve something that humiliating? No, and neither did Bret.

Shield 2.0, Brah!

Seth with J&J Security=One of the few reasons to watch WWE

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome