Wrestling Forum banner

WF Fantasy Basketball Keeper League - WEEK 1 (soon)

108K views 3K replies 28 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 · (Edited)
Discussions pertaining to the WF Keeper Basketball League go here.

Championship History

2011/12
1st - Aid180
2nd - JM
3rd - WWF

2012/13
1st - Myst
2nd - Red Viper
3rd - JM

2013/14
1st - JM
2nd - Notorious
3rd - Aid180

2014/15
1st - JM
2nd - UDFK
3rd - WWF

2014/15 Keepers and VRs said:
JM - Davis Harden Mello Leonard (4) Lowry (7)
WWF - Curry Lawson Thomas (9) Asik (15)
Aidan - Durant Lillard Bryant Dragic (6) Rose (15)
STAX - Noah Thompson Irving Faried (5) Bledsoe (6)
Brye - Paul Ellis Bosh (5) Oliadipo (8)
Flex - Batum Parker (4) Colison (15)
SW - Love Nowitzki Jennings Hill (7) Noel (15)
NOTO - Cousins Drummond Wall Martin (9) Sullinger (14)
Myst - Aldridge Conley Rondo (8) Korver (14)
Champ - Westbrook Jefferson Ibaka Gasol (5) Stevenson (15)
UDFK - James Griffin Millsap (5) Jordan (14)
CHIP - Howard Gay Beal Carter-Williams (11) Ross (15)
2015/16 Keepers and VRs said:
JM: Anthony Davis, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, Kyle Lowry (7), Paul George (9)
Aid: Kevin Durant, Damian Lillard, Carmelo Anthony, Goran Dragic (6), Derrick Rose (15)
Notorious: DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, John Wall, Julius Randle (14), Rudy Gobert (15)
UDFK: Blake Griffin, Andrew Wiggins, DeAndre Jordan (14), Hassan Whiteside (15)
La Parka: Jimmy Butler (6)
PHX: Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, Al Jefferson, Pau Gasol (5), Brandon Knight (7)
Myst: LaMarcus Aldridge, Gordon Hayward, Kyle Korver (14), Kris Middleton (15)
Marty: Stephen Curry, Marc Gasol, Ty Lawson, Giannis Antetokounmpo (8), Wilson Chandler (15)
Brye: Chris Paul, Monta Ellis, Nikola Vucevic, Bosh (5), Oladipo (8)
Hawk Harrelson: Lebron James, George Hill (7), Nerlen Noel (15)
Stax Classic: Klay Thompson, Kyrie Irving, Jeff Teague, Eric Bledsoe (6), Danilo Gallinari (15)
Chip Kelly: Dwight Howard, Rudy Gay, Bradley Beal, DeMar DeRozan (4), Greg Monroe (6)
CURRENT NEWS

New League Rules for this year:
- You now have 3 keepers and 2 VR picks
- Keepers are the first 3 RDs in the draft
- VRs allow you to draft 2 players on your team in the same round that they were drafted in last year
- Players can be kept only 3 times
- Players can be VRed only twice
- If you VR someone twice they have 1 additional year of keeper eligibility to make the 3 years
- No draft pick trading during the season, only in the window between league reactivation and the DRAFT

Tentative Date for Draft: Oct 17, 2015 @ 8pm ET

Able to make it:
1. JM
2. NOTO
3. PHX
4. Marty​

See less See more
#99 ·
Re: Fantasy Basketball - **WF Keeper League** - Off-season mode

I would like to acquire David Lee.

His value will plummet next year with Andrew Bogut in the lineup! The most I can give you is Andray Blatche (I don't even know who's on my team).

Thanks.
You replaced PerfectPoster right?

I remember some players he had. Brandon Jennings, Paul Pierce, Ty Lawson, Zach Randolph, Amar'e, I think he had Ibaka too.

#88 ·

I have Lebron and DA LOVE MAN. Best of luck getting either.

My keeper options once again are:

Lebron
Love
Conley
George
JONAS
Noah
Batum

Pretty sure with those guys there is no possible way for me to benefit from trading THE KING.

#95 ·

JONAS is going to be a beast too. His floor is probably Noah. Ceiling? WHO KNOWS.

Conley = dose steals and tres.

#100 ·

LOL. Right. I think I seem to recall how terrible my team is. The real kicker is we get like 6 keepers or some shit so there is absolutely no way I can rebuild via the draft. Gonna have to rip people off in trades it seems.

#101 ·

I want Ty Law or John Wall.

My players right now I remember are:

Lin
Gerald Wallace
Gortat
Dragic
D-Wade
Kobe
Bogut
Al Jefferson
Tim Duncan

#104 ·

Anyone who makes a trade now is foolish. You should be waiting till everyone can see their teams so you can get the best deal possible. MY 2 CENTS.

#109 ·

How did Aid win this year with Wade on his roster? The fuck? Wade is fantasy playoffs cancer.
I had some really good waiver pickups all year with Lin, Isiah Thomas, Drew Gooden (for a short time) and the few players I picked up on the last matchup against JM. Plus my only trade of the season was Bargnani and Rubio for Jefferson and Jose Calderon. That worked great for me and not so much for Flex.

#106 ·

His team was deeeeeep. I was going to win till I traded for Lebron and gave up all my depth. Hypothetically of course.

#107 ·

If I never made that Batum/Noah for Deng trade I think I could've won. Or at least made the playoffs. I was so fucking close.

Aid dominated the waiver wire. He just kept getting good pickup after good pickup out of there.

There will be no repeat though. :durant

#108 ·

Yeah I bought low on Batum and Noah when they were off to poor starts. Both had GREAT second halves.

#110 ·

I wish I payed more attention to my team, man. The fact that we set our lineups once a week subtracted greatly from my interest in the league, hence my small amount of trades and waiver wire additions. We need to make rotations daily like we have in the baseball league, imo.

#112 ·

My team was also riddled with injuries in the second week of the finals. Love was out. Lebron didn't play 2 or 3 games. It went on.

Aid's team was super deep though. I predicted him to win about half way though the year. Yeah I did.

#113 ·

Deep? Wat?

He has Dragic who was a fucking joke (good thing) in the fantasy playoffs and raped me and shattered my dreams every night, but other than that meh. Al Jefferson, Kobe and Gortat are nice though. Wade didn't hardly play, Duncan missed every other game and Wallace was out for most of the end of the year. Bogut too obviously.

If your playoffs were set up correctly and didn't go all the way until the end of the season then disregard everything I'm saying.

#114 ·

That's not his whole team...

And ya it went right till the end of the year.

Weekly roster locks are better for basketball. Especially keeper leagues. It allows you to stash prospects without penalty which is what you should be doing in keeper leagues anyway. It also forces you to strategize who to sit/start every week.

#119 ·

That's not his whole team...

And ya it went right till the end of the year.

Weekly roster locks are better for basketball. Especially keeper leagues. It allows you to stash prospects without penalty which is what you should be doing in keeper leagues anyway. It also forces you to strategize who to sit/start every week.
I had Sessions all year waiting for that trade, even was useable when Irving was injured and the very beginning of the year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.