Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread
View Single Post
post #1214 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 04:29 AM
Last Chancery
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Caught the AAW show tonight and honestly, Davey/Sami was pretty good but not MOTYC material for me. There was a lot of energy there and things got pretty stiff at times, as it should between these two, but it felt a little.. flat. Like they both were trying hard to make it work, but at maybe 80 to 90 percent capacity. It's not atypical for bigger names to give less due to the lessened expectations of a smaller indy's crowd -- some worse than others in this regard -- but, yeah, it wasn't the wild, all out match it might have been in PWG or some other top-flight indy promotion. And maybe it's my fault for believing it would be, I don't know. I mean, I enjoyed the match, loved the atmosphere, and the in-ring action was actually fairly solid. But at the same time, perhaps I expected more?

I will say, the show was main evented by an insane six-man tag match between Silas Young and the Irish Airborne vs. BJ Whitmer/Jimmy Jacobs/Arik Cannon, and it was everything I expected and more. None of those six guys are that big of names but the match felt huge. Whitmer had his face cut open and there was plenty of back-and-forth to keep the crowd on its feet the entire time. It was a crazy, sprawling brawl and it told a great story. The Whitmer/Jacobs blood feud really impacted it, and there was this constant questioning of whether or not that team could keep it together long enough to pull out a W. Silas's heel work was top notch, and it's only getting better, and as great as the atmosphere was for Davey/Sami, I'd be remiss if I said the atmosphere produced in the six-man tag wasn't better.

Richards vs. Callihan: ***1/4
Silas/Irish Airborne vs. Whitmer/Jacobs/Cannon: ***3/4

Neither MOTYC from a classical standpoint, but fairly good for local indy standards. I'd definitely check out that main event if you're interested in seeing some wild brawling with a little story tossed in.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome