Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - What if Kane didn't work out?

View Single Post

Old 06-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
dave 1981
Getting over in the mid-card

dave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a push
Default Re: What if Kane didn't work out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Hall View Post
I have to admit, looking back I'm kind of surprised it wasn't Brian Lee that got the nod. Lee was the man that played the fake Undertaker in '94 and is well known as being one of Mark Callaway's best friends within the industry. I believe he was also a free agent at the time the Kane character was getting ready to be launched and so was ready to go under the mask, the only thing that was perhaps against him was that he 'only' stood at 6'6".
For one Glen Jacobs was always really liked by Vince McMahon and after the character of Isaac Yankem went nowhere he wanted to bring him back some how and after being chosen to play the fake Diesel in early 1997 he was first choice to play Kane afterwards. Secondly Brian Lee was said to have seriously fallen out with The Undertaker back in the mid 90's after the Undertaker/Undertaker feud going into Summerslam in 1994 with it being rumored to have been based on Brian Lee and the wife of The Undertaker at the time so Brian Lee who i believe was still in WWE as part of The Disciples Of Apocalypse or maybe in ECW would have been a non starter.