Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - People who complain about overplayed music piss me off

View Single Post

Old 06-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.

xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselves
Default Re: People who complain about overplayed music piss me off

Some radio stations only have certain playlists they can go off of.

For example, I'm originally from West Virgina. Closest thing we have to a hip hop radio station is 98.7 The Beat. But, the playlist is based off the Rhythmic Top 40, which results in more actual pop artists such as Adele, Katy Perry, Maroon 5 and others getting heavier spins, due to their charting with Billboard. Rarely does any actual rap songs get played there and when they are, they're usually 6-9 months past their popularity. For example, they play "Cashin Out" by Cash Out pretty often, despite the song hitting big on other urban radio stations in the fall of 2011. Hell, they're still playing "Racks On Racks" by YC and Future and that song hit big back in 2010 but it's just now getting spins in West Virginia. I don't know how it is in most places though.

Now, I'm in DC and listen to the radio and the 2 urban radio stations often play the same songs back to back or at the same time as the other station. Limited playlist.

I'm surprised people still listen to actual radio anymore, with the rise of Sirius and Ipods. Nowadays, I'll listen to the radio station in Atlanta because they tend to break new artists records and don't really have to follow the Rhythmic Top 40 charts.

But think about it, if you're station is based on the Rhythmic Top 40, you're bound to hear songs often overplayed. It's more understanding when you know what type of playlists or charts your local station is based on.
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote