Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Classic Wrestling General Discussion & Review Thread

View Single Post

Old 06-20-2012, 01:47 AM   #35 (permalink)
Baldwin.
Getting over in the mid-card

Baldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a push
Default Re: Classic Wrestling General Discussion & Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zep81 View Post
I was reading on another forum about a discussion on Starrcade 1997 and how it could of gone differently, apparantly Sting was the one who was supposed to dominate the match instead of mainly Hogan, and apparantly Sting was 'stoned' during the match.

Forgive my ignorance, is it true about Sting anyone know?
Doubt Sting was stoned during the match to be honest but wouldn't surprise me if Sting was actually supposed to be the one to dominate the match. Starrcade 1997 really was messed up because of the dusty main event finish. If it were me booking it, Bret Hart would never have appeared on Starrcade, Sting would have won clean with the Scorpion Death Lock and so Hogan would be gone from WCW for a good while whilst Sting reigned over it, the next night I would have had Bret debut on Nitro, cutting Sting off before he speaks for the first time in over a year and have him be bitter about Sting's use of the Sharpshooter and vow to never be seen using it or ever be seen in the hold again in his life. The feud would be based around the Sharpshooter/Scorpion and Bret would be constantly trying to avoid the hold at Souled Out. Alas, your main feud for 1998 would be Bret/Sting. At least the first few months of '98 anyway.

There's more to it than that but this aint a booking thread so I wont go into too much detail about it. Lets just say WCW dropped the ball with the Starrcade '97 ending.
Baldwin. is offline   Reply With Quote