Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Classic Wrestling General Discussion & Review Thread
View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 02:30 AM
Yeah1993
Pineapple Jheri, mon.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Re: Classic Wrestling General Discussion & Review Thread

I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Sting who was supposed to control the match. He was returning and the NWO angle was huge with him not getting the chance to kill Hulk and take the title until Starrcade. I imagine the crowd would have roared through the whole thing. It's like the DiBiase/Duggan cage match where Ted had nowhere to escape and Duggan just pounded on him for twelve minutes. I think the major difference is that DiBiase/Duggan ended there; Sting/Hogan went on to 1998 so they probably didn't want to make the match look like a finale or something. They'd been getting the "We're Fucking WWF Up the Ass" ratings mainly because the Sting/Hogan feud was so awesomely built. It's a WCW thing to keep someting going for more money depsite it getting tiresome. Or stopping something awesome for no good reason (see: the Dangerous Alliance, the Hollywood Blondes, Vader v Dustin Rhodes....)

I've never heard Sting to be a drug user, though.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome