Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Similarities in Stings 97 world title run and Benoits 04 run...
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
OldschoolHero
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Similarities in Stings 97 world title run and Benoits 04 run...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
To be honest, I think Benoit had a pretty good WHC run. He held the title from the biggest PPV of the year until the second biggest, a nice 5 month run where he played the role of the underdog fighting face champion that only someone with his talent can be convincing at playing.

And to whoever that said Benoit had bad luck working with HHH, I gotta disagree. HHH put him over clean at Mania by submitting, then he and HBK lost to him in his hometown at Backlash. HHH continued to put him over at Vengeance and a great Ironman match on Raw in July, although that Eugene non-sense became a part of it for no good reason. And HHH is one of the few people who's extremely open about his respect for Benoit as a man and wrestler to this day, can't wait until he takes over and tones down the ban.

As for the comparisons to that Sting run, it's pretty interesting to say the least. I wish Benoit would have gotten more chances with the World Title, though.

Thats another thing, RAW wasnt even about Benoit at all. It was about HHH and ...EUGENE????

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome