Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hulk Hogan 1993

Thread: Hulk Hogan 1993
View Single Post

Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #51 (permalink)
dave 1981
Getting over in the mid-card

dave 1981 6501 - 7000dave 1981 6501 - 7000dave 1981 6501 - 7000dave 1981 6501 - 7000dave 1981 6501 - 7000dave 1981 6501 - 7000dave 1981 6501 - 7000dave 1981 6501 - 7000dave 1981 6501 - 7000dave 1981 6501 - 7000dave 1981 6501 - 7000
Default Re: Hulk Hogan 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldschoolHero View Post
Thanks for posting. Alot of it sounds like bullshit to me honestly. The reason Orton lost was because he was in trouble for violating the wellness policy if I remember correctly.

The whole dropping to Goldberg thing is fabricated to. The Rodman/Malone/Hogan/Page thing had already been happening before this. Also Hogan beating Goldberg could have been good business if done right.

The Jeff Jarrett thing was kinda planned. The plan was for Hogan to later bring "his" title back to face the wcw champion at starrcade but Russo got a little to personal during his speech and Hogan got pissed. L

Also why would Hogan lose to DDP or Luger in 1997? Clearly they were building up to Sting/Hogan and if Page got the clean victory it would have killed the feud. The Luger fluke was perfectly booked though.

Not the biggest HOgan fan but some of these are just retarded.
The thing with Hogan/Orton wasn't a case of Randy Orton being punished because of his 60 day suspension as he had come back and gone over Kurt Angle upon returning if i remember rightly. I just can't imagine Hulk Hogan agreeing to lose to Randy Orton and i've heard an interview he did on Youtube in which he stated that match should have main evented Summerslam that year and he was very surprised it didn't.

A lot of people buy into the whole Hogan/Jarrett/Russo thing too much as like you said the plan was to have Hulk Hogan come back at a later date with his "World title" and then do a champion vs champion match at Starrcade if i remember right. It was said that Vince Russo went off script and went too far in his shoot because Hulk Hogan said he didn't think he should lose when he came back whilst Vince Russo wanted Hulk Hogan to put over whoever was World champion at Starrcade that year which was Scott Steiner if i remember right again.

There is definitely some arguable things on there which are more urban legend rather than fact but then there is a lot on there that people are pretty sure on and everyone knows that there has never been a bigger politician in wrestling history than Hulk Hogan but then neither has there been a bigger star. I can very easily buy into the fact that after all Hulk Hogan had done for the wrestling industry in between 1984 and 1991 he knew he could get away with things that no one else could dream of and often used creative control which was gained through his star power so i'd say most things prior to 1990 are lies or exaggerated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
This post is basically

1993 - speculation

1994 - speculation

1998 - BS and can be proved otherwise.

etc

That's like me writing an imaginary story and facts that has nothing to do with what really happened.

John Cena:

2005 - Cena told Vince that he's quitting unless he starts to promote him on RAW

2006 - Cena dropped the belt to Edge after a year, but said that he's only doing it after 2 spears, then demanded to win the belt back after 3 weeks.

2008 - Cena faked an injury because he wanted a vacation with pay, only to come back 3 months later to win the world title in his first match back.

2012 - Cena refused to job with the excuse that he needs to look strong all the way to WM.

I can play this game with any top guy in the history of the business.

Hogan was and is bigger than the business and he's a master in promote an event and draw a crowd, that's exactly what he did in Japan.
It doesn't really work the same with John Cena though because no one ever hears anything bad or even percieved as bad about John Cena outside of Ken Doane lately regarding John Cena having an affair with Mickie James but never anything in regards to politics. Even with all the problems with his marriage John Cena isn't asking for time off so even talking hyperthetically about him faking injuries wouldn't be at all believable. As for refusing to job i think we know that wouldn't be true either as he has lost to many people over the years cleanly and non clean and has probably lost more times as the top guy than any other top guy in WWE history outside of The Rock.