Not open for further replies.

MLB: ONE WEEK!

126K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  DesolationRow 
#1 ·
The Cubs are so awful.

Discuss.

#1,172 ·
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Anybody going to post their first half awards?

AL MVP:
1. Cano
2. Hamilton
3. Trout

AL Cy Young
1. Verlander
2. Sale

AL Rookie of the Year
1. Trout
2. Darvish

AL Coach of the Year
1. Rockin' Robin Ventura

NL MVP:
1. Joey Votto
2. Ryan Braun
3. David Wright

NL Cy Young
1. Strasburg
2. Dickey
3. Cain

NL Rookie of the Year
1. Bryce Harper

NL Coach of the Year
1. Davey Johnson, WSH

#1,173 ·

I'm similar to yours but I got Sale over Verlander and Hamilton over Cano and Trout. AL Rookie is too obvious. TROUT

In the NL Braun barely over McCutchen and Dickey as the best pitcher. Harper for the rookie works.

Don't care about the others.

#1,178 ·

I'm similar to yours but I got Sale over Verlander and Hamilton over Cano and Trout. AL Rookie is too obvious. TROUT

In the NL Braun barely over McCutchen and Dickey as the best pitcher. Harper for the rookie works.

Don't care about the others.

Cool, forgot about McCutchen. Kid is a stud. And Verlander's stats are pretty much identical to what they were last year, but he just doesn't have the wins to show for it. Here's a stat for you:

Heading into tonight's start, Verlander will have 1 more start than Sale, but has already pitched 20 innings more than him. That boggles my mind. Quite the work horse.

#1,174 ·

NL MVP:
1. Mike Stanton
2. Jose Reyes
3. Emilio Bonafacio

NL Cy Young
1. Buerhle
2. Sanchez
3. Johnson

NL Rookie of the Year
1. No one qualifies :side:

NL Coach of the Year
1. Ozzie Guillen

June: 4-1 vs Phillies, 4 wins vs everyone else, I'll take it. Fuck the Phillies.

#1,177 ·

Yeah Zambrano is terrible. I was kinda making fun of him without actually doing it.

Anibal has had his problems too. Not sure about Buerhle, but I know Johnson turned it around.

I take it back. If Oswalt is the standard of terrible, and he is, then Z has just been pretty bad.

#1,179 ·

They only started stretching out Sale in past 5 or 6 starts I think. Plus he had that week or so span where he was the closer, no he's back to being a starter. That messed him up a bit.

Still, this doesn't mean Verlander isn't the best pitcher going today. He is. I'm just giving Sale the nod because he's been amazing so far. Pretty much unhittable. I mean Verlander is winning the actual Cy Young, so I'll give Sale the midway mark nod.

#1,181 ·

They only started stretching out Sale in past 5 or 6 starts I think. Plus he had that week or so span where he was the closer, no he's back to being a starter. That messed him up a bit.

Still, this doesn't mean Verlander isn't the best pitcher going today. He is. I'm just giving Sale the nod because he's been amazing so far. Pretty much unhittable. I mean Verlander is winning the actual Cy Young, so I'll give Sale the midway mark nod.
He's only essentially missed 1 start and they've pitched him and Peavy on 6 days rest the last two (which I'm not sure that does anything to limit his innings, honestly).

I'd be pleased if Sale won as a homer. Just found it astonishing that Verlander goes out there 7-9 innings nearly every damn game.

#1,197 ·

CP isn't the only one gotten to. Rangers got swept by the Chisox. Two of them were really close games. At least I kinda like the White Sox so it wasn't the worst thing the world; plus they're a good team. Angels lost two games as well. No clue what happened with them tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.