Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Unpopular Sport opinions

View Single Post

Old 06-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
nazzac
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags

nazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more seriousnazzac needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Unpopular Sport opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
So the Champions League isn't a big stage then? 4 Golden Boots in a row, already comfortably the leading scorer in the knockout stages ever at the age of 24, will probably come close to doubling the all time scorers record by the time he's done. 73 goals this season, Pele couldn't even manage that in the shitty Brazilian League, but he played well at a few sub 10 game tournaments in some of the best teams ever that probably would've won without him, so that automatically makes him a better player. I'm not trying to degrade the World Cup, but international football is the minority of a players career and should supplement a players domestic achievements and performances (see Cruyff, Platini, Maradona).

Messi is already above Pele and he's 24. One bad World Cup in a team that called up over 70 different players that year, couldn't defend and were lead by a crackpot manager, but it's no biggie, he'll come big in the next one
What i meant by International tournament is World Cup, Copa America and all those competitions. Like you said, he has bossed the Champions League, but people he is playing in an amazing side, with Iniesta, Xavi etc...

Time is on his side though, and i have no doubt in my mind, that he will be one of the top 3 ever, but whats stopping him atm, is performances at International level

STAN DA MAN!!!

Last edited by nazzac : 06-17-2012 at 04:28 PM.