Not open for further replies.

MLB: ONE WEEK!

126K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  DesolationRow 
#1 ·
The Cubs are so awful.

Discuss.

#1,256 ·
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

The HR Derby just seems to not interest me anymore. I love the long ball, but the whole thing has gotten kinda meh. What annoys me is how sometimes the participants will let 15 pitches go by just to get the one they want.

An idea I came up with to make the contest more interesting...Give each batter 3-5 minutes to hit as many homeruns as possible. No worrying about outs, just how many balls you can have leave the yard. You can let balls go by that aren't to your liking, but you only have so much time to get your score up. Plus, I'd mix in blue or red balls that would be worth 2 points if hit for a home run. It'd be the HR Derby's version of a "money ball."

#1,263 ·

Fielder and Bautista were the final two, Fielder won. Cano got major heat and Adam Jones ate some ribs like a BOSS.

Edit: Results-

Fielder 28
Bautista 20
Trumbo 13
Beltran 12
Gonzalez 4
McCutchen 4
Kemp 1
Cano 0
Thanks, I found it and was able to download.

Big ups to fielder for getting hot at the end. He was hitting BOMBS. Trumbo hit some serious Bombs too.

McCuthen was a terrible replacement. Line drive hitter who's been getting lucky this year with swings that are usually doubles. Should have been Jay Bruce.

Other than that, I kinda do agree with the guy that suggested they put them on a timer. It gets pain dry boring when guys are letting 5+ pitches go. Maybe use a pitching machine to standardize the location and wait between pitches and give them an allotted amount of time.

#1,265 ·

Trumbo gave many Americans Trumboners tonight. Think it was pretty clear who had the most pop. Him and Joey Bats were in another league. Don't care that Fielder won.
You do realize Fielder hit the 4 longest homers in actual distance (not the estimated distance), right?

Trumbo and Fielder were hitting bombs. Bautista wasn't that impressive.

#1,267 ·

BLOWOUT!! Ron washington is doing an awful job!!! Putting in all his pitchers. Really? Left Verlander in there way too long bringing in Harrison and Nathan before so many other great pitchers what a joke!! Selfish piece of shit. Yeah it is the allstar game so who cares and btw as a Yankee fan.. I miss Melky :(

#1,275 ·

AJ was the biggest snub this year. Way better year than Mauer and Wieters. Comes through again in the clutch with the bases loaded, down 1 run in the 9th inning. I don't know the stats but he has to be one of the most elite hitters with RISP in 2012 so far.

#1,279 ·

AJ was the biggest snub this year. Way better year than Mauer and Wieters. Comes through again in the clutch with the bases loaded, down 1 run in the 9th inning. I don't know the stats but he has to be one of the most elite hitters with RISP in 2012 so far.
Him and RASMUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.