Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Anime Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #4738 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 02:23 AM
Hybird
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeWrestlingDonuts™ View Post
Deadman Wonderland was one of those animes that I wanted to watch but never gotten around to actually watching it. Thanks to Toonami I finally did. It's pretty damn good except for the main character's voice but that is more of a dubbing problem. Also kept thinking that the one girl with silver hair was naked xD. But I was hoping for a better variety like Gundam or Rurouni Kenshin. Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell is great and all but Adult Swim already occasionally broadcasted them.

Anyway, I just watched the newest episode of Korra.
Spoiler for Latest Korra episode:
Lin is by far the most badass character and I cried when she sacrificed her bending to save Korra and Tenzin's family. for General Iroh
I also expected at least one Toonami classic revive (personally, I was hoping for Tenchi, and as much as I dislike it, that includes "In Tokyo") but I heard they were on a rather strict "probational" budget (as in "let's give it a shot, do good, mo' money for anime!") so I didn't bank on too much. Continuous support might change that though.

I think the English dubbed voice of DMW's main character was inteded to be "intentionally grating to offset character's true willpower" much like Baccanno!'s Jaccuzzi or Evangelion's Shinji, however, unlike Jaccuzzi and to a much lesser extent Shinji, it didn't quite capture the intended feeling.

Spoiler for Latest Korra episode:
I kinda get the same feeling for General Iroh's voice too... The character looks well older than the voice. Lin's bad-ass scale went up by 1000 points (like mother like daughter I guess, fear the awesomeness of BeiFongs)

"It's not so much as preventing insanity... As much as it is taking advantage of Insanity..."
- Hybird

[This is where I'd put one of my drawings I worked hard on in my sig, but since I'd have to spring five bucks to do so, I'll just put me photobucket link here.]

Hybird's Photobucket
Hybird's Deviant Art
(Better work is in my deviant...)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome