Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Magnum T.A.

Thread: Magnum T.A.
View Single Post

Old 06-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
dave 1981
Getting over in the mid-card

dave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a push
Default Re: Magnum T.A.

I think everyone knows Magnum T.A was being built up as the new top babyface and the main rival for Ric Flair and it's always been said he was next in line for the World title until the car accident forced his retirement. I must admit i haven't seen lots of Magnum T.A but i watched his feud with Tully Blanchard and their great matches, i still believe their I Quit match at Starrcade to be the best of that match concept outside of Flair/Funk.

I've also seen his matches with Ric Flair and Nikita Koloff which were also very good and it's a shame he didn't get to reach the main event level on a permanent basis as he was very popular from what i saw, good in the ring, good on the mic and believable. I've also always said though that i believe Sting would still have been where he was as the top babyface from 1989 onwards because he was so popular NWA/WCW could never have not pushed him which probably would have meant Magnum T.A would have been the number two babyface through the late 80's and early 90's had he have stayed in WCW but would have definitely been a World champion a good few times.