Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tennis Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 06-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
NJ88
Follower of Lockeism

NJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth reading
Default re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Can't wait for Wimbledon this year! Moving down to Surrey in the few days too so might be able to go down and get myself a day pass one day which would be awesome!

In the mens draw, you can't count out any of the top three now.

Djokovic: while he didnt win the French, he was very very close and the grass is a better surface for him, if it comes down to another Djokovic/Nadal final, I think Djokovic wins. I think his game matches up with grass really really well and he's my pick to win at the moment. I think he'll want to get the momentum back from Nadal and will be really, really eager to retain his title this year.

Nadal: He's going to be coming off a really good tournament at Rolant Garros, he'll be feeling good after seemingly overcoming the stigma of losing to Novak in finals during this claycourt season. I think he's got some of his confidence back from last year so he'll be more dangerous this year at Wimbledon. He's got a massive chance of winning still.

Federer: This year I feel like Federer is really really dangerous to the top two. He's had a pretty great season this year so far, won a couple of tournaments, found some really good form. He played well on the clay, and his best surface is grass so he should be feeling confident coming into Wimbledon. I think he could upset one of the top two, I assume Djokovic is in his half and if he plays really well he could reach the final.

So I think one of the top two should win. However there's always the chance someone could sneak in and surprise everyone by taking out one of the top three and doing really well.

Murray: Even if he doesnt play well you can't ignore him due to the hype which will undoubtedly be around him come Wimbledon. Murray has the ability, he wants to break through and has the skill to do so. If he can put all the pieces together for the tournament then he could be a big surprise finalist or even winner. He's played Nadal three or four times now at Wimbledon and has gotten closer to beating him. This year could be the year for him'

Tsonga: I feel like he's finally starting to get his game together, it's all a little late for Tsonga but I feel like he's got the ability to create a big surprise like he did when he came back from two sets down to beat Federer. I can imagine him doing something similar to Berdych in 2011 when he was a surprise finalist.

On the womens side I think obviously Sharapova is a big favourite to take the title. She's just completed her career grand slam, and is the new world number one, momentum is on her side too so she's probably favorite. If Azarenka gets her game togehter she could be a contender to the title and you can nver count out Serena. She may have had a pretty terrible French Open but she can bounce back quickly, we've seen it before. Grass is good for her and Wimbledon is a special tournament for her so I wouldnt be surprised to see her win.

If it comes down to a Sharapova/Williams final though...Williams will win, whenever she plays her it's absolute destruction, I still don't understand how...

PREDICTION FOR MENS WINNER: Novak Djokovic
PREDICTION FOR WOMENS WINNER: Maria Sharapova.

PREFERRED MENS WINNER: Andy Murray
PREFERRED WOMENS WINNER: Serena Williams

Last edited by NJ88 : 06-14-2012 at 01:53 PM.