Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hulk Hogan 1993
Thread: Hulk Hogan 1993
View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
the modern myth
GET MY BAGS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Hulk Hogan 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejc8710 View Post
here is some footage with hulk on wwf tv as champion in 1993 fast foward to 8:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejc8710 View Post
Well idk how back they would tape superstars but ive been watching all the superstars from 93 n seems like all hogan did was wear the belt and promote thunder in paradise
Yeah, when I said he never appeared, I meant that he never actually appeared live and in person. He never defended the title. When the WWF came to Europe on the European Rampag tour, Hogan didn't come - despite being Champion. While he never showed up to the tapings, he did record a few promos / interview segments which were shown. This promo must've been taped pretty soon after Wrestlemania 9 because Hogan still had his black eye.

http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/93.htm

Looking here, it seems that Hogan wrestled Yokozuna at a few House Shows in the summer (July/August) but, considering that Mr. Nanny was opening at the same time, it's pretty clear that he was promoting his movie. He also wrestled a couple of matches against The Beverly Brothers leading up to Wrestlemania and Money Inc three or four times after. He defended his WWF title only once; against Yokozuna at the King of the Ring. More matches than I initially thought but still nowhere near enough public appearances for a WWF Champion.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt9zbhgZAW1qmssh1o1_400.jpg

Last edited by the modern myth; 06-14-2012 at 12:07 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome