Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tennis Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 06-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Nige™
Team GB

Nige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselvesNige™ has made a name for themselves
Default re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoon View Post
No, Nadal is getting close mentally. You cant say that just because of a match. Federer played a 5 set match vs Nadal in the australian 2009 and lost, then the next meetings between them in slams Fed lost. It was just a match. Yes i know that Nadal has won the last three meeting but that was on clay, where he is a beast.
Murray head to head with Nadal does not matter in this case.
Djoko has the mental edge over Nadal which is the reason why I think Murray has a bigger chances in beating Djoko than Nadal has on the other surfaces apart from clay. Last year Nadal was completely outclassed by Djoko in the wimbledon.
Not as much anymore.

Yeah Nadal was outclassed last year and at the US Open by Novak, but at the Australian he came so close to toppling him. Last year Novak beat him on clay twice and I think it was seven in a row he had over Rafa with wins in Miami & Indian Wells too included. Rafa couldn't even beat him on clay, mentally he was killed before playing Djokovic. That's changed since Melbourne. He's gradually clawed back the difference and has been able to get three on the spin, and all fairly comfortable too despite being on clay. The difference between the US Open and the Australian Open final told the story on how much Rafa's closed the gap, and unlike last year and even though they were on clay, he beat Novak. Djokovic beat him on clay twice last year but couldn't this year.

Rafa on grass is a superior player to Murray as he's shown in the last three years and mentally is stronger than everyone other than Novak. To say Murray has a better chance against Novak who he's never beaten in a slam rather than Rafa who's won it twice and has 11 grand slams under his belt and is in good form is just ridiculous. Everytime Murray's got in a big match situation at a Slam he's crumbled other than when he beat Rafa at the US Open in 2008 when Rafa had done nothing special on a hard court. Djokovic would tear him apart on grass more than he would Rafa, no doubt. Rafa would stand a far better chance of beating Novak than Murray. How anyone can believe otherwise astounds me.

Last edited by Nige™ : 06-14-2012 at 09:21 AM.