Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)
View Single Post
post #4393 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 07:10 AM
Cactus
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

re: Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Rusher Kimura vs Jumbo Tsuruta - AJPW & IWE 1976/03/28
Rookie Tsuruta is great stuff. Kimura doesn't take him seriously initally but Jumbo holds his own against Kimura in not only the mat game but the slapfest too. Kimura tries to keep his cool, but you can tell he is getting pissed off as indicated by his brilliant facial expressions. That's the overall theme of the match. The slap exchange spots were very ahead of it's time and it didn't come off as overkill. They were only used after a stalemate was reached. The suplex trading at the end of was a different story however. At one point, the guy who just got suplexed gets right back up before the guy who did the move and returned the favor! I wasn't too keen on the ending at first. As this was a promotion versus promotion match, the ending gave me 'Yay! You're both winners!' vibe and I felt cheated out of a decisive ending. However, as soon the two starting chest-slapping each other again. I felt weirdly satisfied. A great example of a non-decisive finish.
Rating: ★★★★

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome