Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hulk Hogan 1993

Thread: Hulk Hogan 1993
View Single Post

Old 06-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #27 (permalink)
Berkajr
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Berkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Hulk Hogan 1993

I agree that it was strange that Hogan was allowed to win the title if he wasnt going to defend the belt. Sure he got hurt badly in that accident, but he could at least have worked some houseshows against Yoko before WM.

As for Hogan dropping the belt to Bret Hard, Hogan calims his deal was to drop it to Yokozuna all along. As Bret Hart claims the photoshot, but also agrees to, is that Vince might have tricked them both. First Vince promising Hogan to drop it to Yoko to keep Hogans ego intact, and then promise Bret to get a win over Hogan with the belt. With Vince Hoping to get the Hart-Hogan match. But since Hogans deal was to drop it to Yoko, Hogan went with that, and I kind of understand why Hogan Might not have seen Bret as a credible World champion at the time. Bret was so much smaller and had been a semi jobber and a tag team guy for years. Hogan was at the time the Elvis of Wrestling. Hogan was from a different era and had difficulties seeing smaller guys as World champion

As for Hogan trashtalking the belt in Japan. It WAS smart marketing. Technology back then was not as good, so the few people in US who saw it did not affect the mass audience. Hogan did it simply to put over the japanese company. Also since there was serious tension between Hogan and McMahon at the time, Hogan might have taken a shot at WWF by saying this.

What a horrible night to have a curse

Currently marking for:
Lesnar, Cesaro, Ambrose, Hogan & The Rock
Berkajr is offline   Reply With Quote