Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - If you were in Vince's shoes, how would you have avoided the Montreal screwjob?

View Single Post

Old 06-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
jonoaries
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

jonoaries needs to make some friendsjonoaries needs to make some friendsjonoaries needs to make some friendsjonoaries needs to make some friendsjonoaries needs to make some friendsjonoaries needs to make some friendsjonoaries needs to make some friendsjonoaries needs to make some friendsjonoaries needs to make some friendsjonoaries needs to make some friendsjonoaries needs to make some friends
Default Re: If you were in Vince's shoes, how would you have avoided the montreal screwjob?

Well it depends on when he actually signed the WCW deal. I personally wouldn't have screwed Bret, I would have tried to fine some way around it.
My belief is that, if Vince knew Bret was leaving why did he even give Bret the title? That made no sense. Once it was decided that he was leaving he shouldn't have gotten the title or have dropped the title on TV/PPV. He could have put over Shamrock (or someone else) in his last match at Survivor Series.

But if I were in the very same situation, I probably would have made it a triple threat match and had the third party win just to transition it to HBK. They did it with Foley/Austin/HHH and RVD/Edge/Cena.

Because Bret's problem was losing to HBK, so take that off the table and have him lose to someone else. Simple...crisis averted. With all the goodwill Bret had gained during his tenure he deserved at least some leeway on the matter.
jonoaries is offline   Reply With Quote