Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - If you were in Vince's shoes, how would you have avoided the Montreal screwjob?

View Single Post

Old 06-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
hardcore1982
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

hardcore1982 251 - 500hardcore1982 251 - 500hardcore1982 251 - 500
Default Re: If you were in Vince's shoes, how would you have avoided the montreal screwjob?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanracer25 View Post
1.Told Shawn he must lose to Bret or face disciplinary action?
2.Have the match end in DQ as originally planned
3.Cancel the match. Declare the title vacant instead.
4.Have Bret lose the title to another wrestler on the PPV then have him switch the title to Shawn either at the same PPV or on RAW
1. Would have made no sense since Vince wanted Bret to loose the title, due to the WCW situation.
2. No, due to the WCW situation.
3. To let WCW announce Bret as the WWF Champion? Hell no.
4. Most likely but still bad for business, since Shawn vs Bret was the biggest storyline around that time and was already announced.

I am a huge Bret mark, but if I were in Vince's shoes I would have done the exact same thing, for the business.
It is really unfortunate for Bret and from a personal point of view unbearable but from a business standpoint (vinces view) it makes sense the way it happened.
Harry Callahan: I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage

"Macho Madness" will live forever in the hearts of your fans.

hardcore1982 is offline   Reply With Quote