Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - MLB: ONE WEEK!

Thread: MLB: ONE WEEK!
View Single Post

Old 06-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #685 (permalink)
Perfect Poster
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick

Perfect Poster is making a name for themselvesPerfect Poster is making a name for themselvesPerfect Poster is making a name for themselvesPerfect Poster is making a name for themselvesPerfect Poster is making a name for themselvesPerfect Poster is making a name for themselvesPerfect Poster is making a name for themselvesPerfect Poster is making a name for themselvesPerfect Poster is making a name for themselvesPerfect Poster is making a name for themselvesPerfect Poster is making a name for themselves
Default re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

There's lots of times managers will bunt a runner over to second with 0 outs. I've seen Leyland do it countless times this year. Most of the time I'm against it though - you're giving away an out in attempt to play for 1 run. In the 3rd, 4th, 5th innings, that's just dumb. You have a lot of outs to use, and unless it's the pitcher (where bunting is a preferred choice) I'd rather have my guy go up and swing. Maybe he hits a seeing eye single and the runner goes from first to third. Maybe the guy gets ahold of one and drives it off the wall. These guys are paid to hit. And if they can't, frankly, they deserve a spot on the bench.

Sacrifice bunts should really only be used in a handful of cases - 1) when the pitcher is up, 2) when you need one run and it's late in the game (7th on). I don't wanna see a 3rd inning bunt by the #2 hitter. I want to see him get up there and try to hit something the opposite way and try to find a hole, or possibly draw a walk.