Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - MLB: ONE WEEK!

Thread: MLB: ONE WEEK!
View Single Post

Old 06-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #684 (permalink)
Snoth
People are Sheep

Snoth needs to make some friendsSnoth needs to make some friendsSnoth needs to make some friendsSnoth needs to make some friendsSnoth needs to make some friendsSnoth needs to make some friendsSnoth needs to make some friendsSnoth needs to make some friendsSnoth needs to make some friendsSnoth needs to make some friendsSnoth needs to make some friends
Default re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCroft View Post
That being said, WallofShame, it doesn't make it, "stupid". It's a risk and reward situation. Taking that risk for a possible reward isn't stupid at all. Plus I don't see many times you would sac bunt to get someone to second. It's mostly used to get the runner to third with under two outs and then it's mostly done by a pitcher in the NL.

As for stealing, I'm all for it and I see nothing stupid about it. It's a risk, of course...but with some players the risk is worth it.
I respect your opinion on stealing, its more open to your opinion on risk-reward. I disagree with you about bunting though. Nearly all sacrifice bunts done are to move the runner over to second from first. The thinking being that it puts the runner in scoring position. It is silly to bunt a man over to third because he is already in scoring position at 2nd. The only time someone ever bunts a runner over to third is if, as you said, a pitcher is batting. And, as I said in my previous post, you score more runs on average with a runner on first and no outs then with a runner on second and one out. That is based on The Book collecting the data of every instance those situations have ever happened in MLB history and averaging them out.

ChampviaDQ

Last edited by Snoth : 06-07-2012 at 07:32 PM.