Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#3,002 ·
Christian/Shelton is probably the best TLC singles match, or I need to rewatch Flair/Edge. But yeah, ridiculously amazing match for the ECW championship.
Apart from Kane/Orton.
It's probably a technically sound wrestling match, but I couldn't get into this at all. Orton has been lacking on the character front for a while now, which means I rarely can unless he's facing someone that doesn't induce extreme feelings of 'meh' like he does me.

#3,003 ·
I thought Christian/Shelton match sucked. Giant balls. Botches everywhere. Plus, it was a ladder match, not a TLC match (just took place at the TLC PPV) :p.

Flair/Edge was awesome, and I seem to recall another TLC singles match being great, but I can't for the life of me remember it (NOT Cena/Edge). Ah yeah, Miz/Lawler. Need to re-watch Punk/Hardy though.

#3,004 ·
Well hell. I think I noticed one botch, I just dug the creativity of the spots a lot. Christian getting colour so early was a nice, unexpected touch too.

I watched Punk/Hardy the other day. It's an okay match. Waitwhat, Miz and Lawler had a TLC match? Was this at Elimination Chamber?

#3,005 ·
I just watched that Edie vs Rey match from Halloween Havoc and it was a good match and all but I really don't get how this could be voted as the best wcw match of all time. Can someone enlighten me?

#3,008 ·
Off the top of my head:

Edge/Flair Raw 1/??/06
Edge/Cena Unforgiven 06
Edge/Undertaker ONS08
Punk/Hardy SS08
Miz/Lawler Raw 12/??/10 (I think it was December 20 anyway)

Out of those I'd rank them:

1) Edge/Cena
2) Punk/Hardy
3) Edge/Flair
4) Edge/Undertaker
5) Miz/Lawler

#3,009 ·
Just watched WM28 again and finally decided to score it:

Rock/Cena was weak, very pedestrian match. I was supremely letdown by it. I rated it about *** 1/4 stars and that includes atmosphere (which was pretty awesome) and finish (which was nonsensical).

Punk/Jericho blew them away easily **** stars maybe **** 1/4.

The HIAC was awesome easily **** 1/2 stars.

Orton/Kane *** 1/2 another pedestrian match but better worked than Rock/Cena.

Rhodes/Show was a glorified squash match **

Team Teddy vs Team Johnny was kinda fun but definitely filler ***

Worst match of the night was a match that barely got started: Bryan/Sheamus DUD.

--I also just watched Extreme Rules again and found it far more enjoyable than WM 28

Brock/Cena **** stars, brutal match. Lesnar flying off the stairs alone was worth the price of admission. Ending made more sense when you watch it closely.

Jericho/Punk was fantastic, even better than their WM encounter. A beautiful mix of fighting and wrestling **** 7/8

Rhodes/Show wasn't much better than their Mania match ** 1/2 stars. Cody's huge bump after the match would have increased their score if it happened during the match.

Sheamus/Bryan was very good I gave it *** 7/8, it doesn't make sense that Sheamus "can't continue" during fall two and then out of nowhere he wins. That nonsense decision brought it down some to me. There should be no stigma to submitting, especially after DB got himself DQ'd to cause that injury.

Orton/Kane was also very good. Unoriginal finish with the chair spot but great action up to that point *** 1/2 stars, eclipsed their 'mania match by leaps and bounds.

Overall Extreme Rules was awesome. Action packed.
How can you say Orton/Kane at ER eclipses their Mania match by leaps and bounds and rate both matches the same?

#3,010 ·
Just picked up the first ladder match DVD and i'm very excited about watching it.

Taker v Jeff Hardy
TLC 3 & 4
Edge vs Matt Hardy
Christian vs Jericho
RVD vs Eddie
Hardy vs Nitro
Armageddon 06 4 way

All of them are matches I haven't seen in years and I seem to remember really enjoying them on first viewing, so they'll be top priority (plus it's always fun to watch the first 2 TLCs & HBK vs Razor).

#3,011 ·
Off the top of my head:

Edge/Flair Raw 1/??/06
Edge/Cena Unforgiven 06
Edge/Undertaker ONS08
Punk/Hardy SS08
Miz/Lawler Raw 12/??/10 (I think it was December 20 anyway)

Out of those I'd rank them:

1) Edge/Cena
2) Punk/Hardy
3) Edge/Flair
4) Edge/Undertaker
5) Miz/Lawler
I have a feeling Edge/Flair is #2 or even joint #1 material, but again I'd have to rewatch it to make sure. Otherwise my rankings would be the same, except for not knowing about Miz/Lawler. They had a TLC match, really? lol why
Just picked up the first ladder match DVD and i'm very excited about watching it.

Taker v Jeff Hardy
TLC 3 & 4
Edge vs Matt Hardy
Christian vs Jericho
RVD vs Eddie
Hardy vs Nitro
Armageddon 06 4 way

All of them are matches I haven't seen in years and I seem to remember really enjoying them on first viewing, so they'll be top priority (plus it's always fun to watch the first 2 TLCs & HBK vs Razor).
Holy hell, Ladder Match 1 has TLC III on it? I've been looking for a release of that for evaaar, thought I'd got it on the Smackdown set but it turns out it was just highlights :sad:

I didn't even know there was a TLC IV. And if you factor in the unofficial first TLC at Wrestlemania 16, I guess it'd make it TLC V :kane

#3,013 ·
Holy hell, Ladder Match 1 has TLC III on it? I've been looking for a release of that for evaaar, thought I'd got it on the Smackdown set but it turns out it was just highlights :sad:

I didn't even know there was a TLC IV. And if you factor in the unofficial first TLC at Wrestlemania 16, I guess it'd make it TLC V :kane
http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/The-Ladder-Match-DVD-3-Discs.html

it's on disc 2

TLC 4 is Kane vs Jeff/RVD vs Bubba/Spike vs Christian/Jericho. As a Kane mark it's one of my favourite matches, even though the 'quality' perhaps isn't at the same level as the first three TLCs, as he just tears the place up on his own :D .

#3,014 ·
TLC IV was named Raw match of the decade in 2003.
Huh, did not know. So that's the 1993-2003 decade?
http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/The-Ladder-Match-DVD-3-Discs.html

it's on disc 2

TLC 4 is Kane vs Jeff/RVD vs Bubba/Spike vs Christian/Jericho. As a Kane mark it's one of my favourite matches, even though the 'quality' perhaps isn't at the same level as the first three TLCs, as he just tears the place up on his own :D .
Will give it a watch some time. Thank you for that.

#3,017 ·
TLC 4 was great, I loved it. Spike Dudley was like a crash test dummy for that match, the bumps he took were outrageous, epsecially the one running face first into the ladder in the corner, not even getting his hands up or anything. Really underrated match despite being named Raw match of the Decade in 2003.

#3,018 ·
Well hell. I think I noticed one botch, I just dug the creativity of the spots a lot. Christian getting colour so early was a nice, unexpected touch too.

I watched Punk/Hardy the other day. It's an okay match. Waitwhat, Miz and Lawler had a TLC match? Was this at Elimination Chamber?
Happened on Raw, not long after Miz won the belt. Cole interfered to help Miz, and thus began the EPIC (aka long winded dull as fuck) feud between Lawler and Cole :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.