Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

630K views 4K replies 560 participants last post by  Headliner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67...nfronts-mick-foley-in-wrestlemania-hotel.html

The following video has leaked online, although as to what the purpose is, I can't yet tell you. It features Mick Foley being confronted for what "his generation" did to the wrestling business by WWE developmental talent Dean Ambrose, who had a dark match last night at the Raw taping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcwPGLqQ9I

A bit of an odd one. Is this legit beef Ambrose has with Foley or worked? If it's the latter then can we read into it that Ambrose will be moving up to the main roster pretty sharpish? Seems a bit too random.

Could Ambrose get onto the main roster and straight into a feud with Foley?

(ps, apologies if thread has already been created, I can't see any threads in the General WWE section due to forum problems)

EDIT: Here is a great recap of the feud so far for those that don't want to read through 20+ pages of us all marking out like little kids. Credit to Beatles123 for this:

Look on the first page.

It started with that vid. Since then, he's been trying to make Foley be exposed as the cause of, as he puts it, "A lost generation" trying to emulate Foley and getting hurt, as well as Dean himself. He had been through countless deathmatches in CZW and injured his body, as well as seeing his friends not survive because of it.

He has posted vids of people injuring themselves doing backyard wrestling and such, as well as posting pica of his scarred body and making it known that he was being told by WWE to go home when he was arriving to debut because of Foley. He feels he's holding him down like HE'S a criminal when Foley is the same thing.

Foley does not want any part of it because Ambrose would not show him respect and not mention his children. in addition to Regal telling Mick to be careful due to his psychological mindgames, Ambrose counters by saying he never did mention them, but Foley IS blinding them to reality. Foley says he can't get into this like Cactus Jack did in 1995 with his "Cane Dewy" promo. not at his age and not with someone he feels can seriously take liberties in the ring. Ambrose mournes the loss of Foley's "Testicular Fortitude" and calls him, in terms he can understand, "The cowardly lion of WWE"

To be continued...

#2,358 ·
WWE did a great job at killing the momentum he had a couple of months. Fans were chanting Ambrose on Raw and PPVs. The buzz about his debut is gone.

:lmao

#2,367 ·
Maybe a debut at Summerslam. Interfere in Kane vs DB. Help DB win and he can fued with Kane. But Sheen is probs gonna end up costing DB the match.

Back to Ambrose. If he was to fued with Kane he could say Kanes gone soft and now that he is now the devils favorite demon. Just an idea

#2,378 ·
I've said it once and I'll say it again, Kane is untalented. He does this whole monster gimmick, but it comes off as fake and tacky.
The guys who make it work, and yes, I'll include Ambrose in that list, cement their character via good promo work. But Kane comes across as totally fake, I mean, he is so awful I actually make a concious effort to never watch any match he's in.

Remember his feud with The Undertaker? Week after fucking week we put up with these God awful promos where, to aid his pathetic gimmick, they used red mood lighting and actually played this stupid music whilst he talked.

Everything about the guy is hokey. Guys like Ambrose, Foley, Raven, Jake Roberts, they were able to make us believe they were monsters without all those shortcuts, without being booked to look unstoppable. Ambrose needs to feud with someone who can bring something to the table, Kane can't.

I honestly believe that the only reason anyone still champions this overrated hack is because of nostalgia, you all loved his 1997 run so much it never dawned on you that he's been on a downward spiral ever since. No, you just let the past continue to dictate your opinions on the guy, I'm sick of it and if he's connected with Ambrose in ANY way, I won't watch his debut, his promos or anything else he does. Kane is useless and needs to go away, everyone he feuds with looks weaker afterwards.

#2,372 ·
If it's the Raw right after Summerslam, fine, that was how del rio came on the scene, but he got vignettes, although that was cause he was catapulted into the main event and forced down our throats. I'm fine with Ambrose not being in the ME right away, although with his talent I'm sure it won't be too long before we find him there. If he doesn't debut after Summerslam, or vignettes don't start or whatever, i'm done with this wishful thinking.

#2,373 ·
The night after SSlam would be a good time, as some of the most watched Raws are the ones the night after a PPV, espcially one of the big four. Obviously, if it were the night after Summerslam, Ambrose would have some kind of suprise debut like coming out of the crowd or something.

Again, we just have to be patient. WWE was obviously wanted to debut him against Mick Foley, but that fell apart for one reason or another. So it's clear that Ambrose has supporters in the WWE office. He will debut in the very near future. If they wanted to hold off his debut so long, they would have just put him on NXT like they did everyone else in FCW. He will be coming soon.

The 1000th episode has passed. Raw 1001 in his hometown has passed. Raw 1000 would have been a bad place for him to debut b/c he would have been overshadowed by all of the legends. Raw 1001 would have gotten him a good pop, but he's a heel so they wouldn't want him to get a big pop. I'm not really anticipating his debut anymore. I'm just enjoying the WWE product. When it's time for Ambrose to come up, great. But I'm not going to be dissapointed every week that goes by. When he finally does make his debut or when that first vignette is aired, it will be that much better b/c I won't be expecting it.

#2,379 · (Edited)
We'll just have to wait and see but I don't think anyone expect him to be like The Rock and Stone Cold.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Kane is untalented. He does this whole monster gimmick, but it comes off as fake and tacky.
The guys who make it work, and yes, I'll include Ambrose in that list, cement their character via good promo work. But Kane comes across as totally fake, I mean, he is so awful I actually make a concious effort to never watch any match he's in.
I wouldn't call Kane untalented. But in reference to his monster character being fake and tacky, well each to their own I guess. Kane in the last couple of years has been pretty stale and dried out. Then again how could it be any better with all the years of mistreatment by WWE management, a glorified jobber and terrible booking.

Remember his feud with The Undertaker? Week after fucking week we put up with these God awful promos where, to aid his pathetic gimmick, they used red mood lighting and actually played this stupid music whilst he talked.
The mood lightening and music was actually pretty unique, even if it was a bit silly. But as for the promos, some people regard those promos as arguably his best mic work in his career. I won't agree or disagree because it's all subjective, but I didn't think they were all that bad.

Everything about the guy is hokey. Guys like Ambrose, Foley, Raven, Jake Roberts, they were able to make us believe they were monsters without all those shortcuts, without being booked to look unstoppable. Ambrose needs to feud with someone who can bring something to the table, Kane can't.
Kane admittedly is a generic monster, not much different from most big guy monster types. However monsters can come in all shapes and sizes, depending on the creator and what traits a wrestler carries. Kane in his own right can claim to be a monster because of his size and look. He fits the description of a monster from a horror movie, like Jason from Friday 13th or Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw massarce. Naturally being booked as unstoppable comes with the territory for a guy like Kane. However the difference between Kane and every other generic monster is he actually made his gimmick work unlike a lot of them which don't really work out as planned.

I honestly believe that the only reason anyone still champions this overrated hack is because of nostalgia, you all loved his 1997 run so much it never dawned on you that he's been on a downward spiral ever since. No, you just let the past continue to dictate your opinions on the guy, I'm sick of it and if he's connected with Ambrose in ANY way, I won't watch his debut, his promos or anything else he does. Kane is useless and needs to go away, everyone he feuds with looks weaker afterwards.
Actually it's been apparent to me for a long time that Kane's career was terrible, and a joke. However in my defense of Kane, Kane 1997-2003 was great. Even with all the shitty storylines and tag teams he was in he was still a beast to watch. I suppose some might still like him for nostalgic purposes but true fans continue to support a wrestler no matter what, he has a dedicated fanbase.

Personally I don't really care if he retires tomorrow, he's just like Big Show now. But I won't say him being in WWE is unjustified either. He's a vetern, and can still be of use in putting people over because a win over Kane still means something.

#2,381 ·
I will concede that I can almost tolerate him more than the Big Show. Because at least Kane isn't being shoved down our throats and his promos, no matter how tacky and fake, don't revolve around the same tired idea.
Seriously, go look at each one of Big Show's heel turns and I guarentee that in every one of his interminable promos you'll find something to the effect of I'm a big scary giant. Every - fucking - time.

And it bugs me, because eventually Ambrose is going to come up against these kinds of stale, overpushed guys and just be expected to look weak. I love WWE, but when talented guys are constantly upstaged by nonentities like Kane and Big Show it makes me want to vomit.
Honestly, Punk being anywhere near Big Show has turned me off the character entirely. The same will happen if Ambrose is paired with Kane.

Would you believe that I actually preferred Issac Yankem to the Kane character? At least it was fun.

#2,382 ·
Would people prefer Ambrose to have vignettes? Or would you prefer to be totally surprised when he turns up? Personally, the latter. But the guy cuts such a damn good promo, maybe hearing from him before he turns up would be good too.

Either way wish they'd HURRY UP with it.

#2,383 ·
If he's booked as a loose cannon, then i'd rather he debut in a surprising manner. Not specifically randomly interfering in a match or something. But just something unpredictable. I think vignettes would take away from his unpredictable nature because it would be quite predictable.

#2,385 ·
Aj should debut him as a ex boyfriend of hers or somethin along those lines and have him feud with a developing face bryan

#2,391 ·
What? You hope they release him, before they ruin his career and then he's hired by TNA? Where the fuck do you think he's going to go if he gets fired from WWE? TNA. Talk about not making sense.

I understand everybody wants to see him now, and so do I, but come on, he's 26. I don't know why they haven't debuted him yet but let's at least wait until he gets called up to determine that he's been wasted.

#2,392 ·
Just wanted to say, to Warrior... I disagreed with you about him being a fall debut back about three months ago, but I must now say that you were indeed right.

Barrett is likely to return right after Summerslam, and we just had the returns of Mysterio and Orton in the last few weeks.

It's probably for the best that Ambrose doesn't debut until at least the September 3rd Raw from Chicago. Maybe even after Night of Champions.

Most disheartening thing is how Foley has apparently nixed the entire storyline that was going to launch Ambrose, so I'm guessing WWE creative is still working on his debut. At least they don't have John Laurinaitis teasing it every week before he shows up as a dancing dinosaur.

#2,400 ·
He has to debut on just one last Piper's Pit, and completely own Piper. Talk about how he is a fake, and that he is actually "Canadian" born, and not from Scotland. Ambrose could say that Piper was a "liar", and if these fans were old enough to remember what type of man Piper was they would boo him now, just like they did in the past when Hulkamania was running wild. Completely throw this man under the bus, and the best part would be Piper breaking down in tears after Dean gives him a solid shot of the "truth". Then, to top it all off he smashes a coconut over Piper's skull. That's how you debut a future star of the business while shitting on one from the past.

#2,401 ·
Anyone see that WWE changed the FCW website by removing all of the FCW references w/ NXT. The thing the will catch everyone's attention is that Dean Ambrose is still listed on the NXT Roster.

http://www.fcwwrestling.info/NXT-Wrestling-Superstars.html

You can click Ambrose's page once you get there. Wouldn't it be funny if all this time we were wrong and WWE was just building up his big debut on NXT. Probably not since a star as big as him in FCW would have been on NXT by now. But still, it would be funny to see some of the angry posts here.

#2,404 ·
Soon enough is vague enough to mean anything. Given how many chances they've had to debut him and failed, I'm sticking with my prediction from after Raw 1001 that he's not showing up until the Raw after WrestleMania, which is usually when new talent is introduced. It would be a shame but I don't think they're gonna do it this year after they could've done it before and didn't.

#2,408 ·
I really think Ambrose needs one big act of villainy to cement himself as WWE's sickest heel. And I know, a lot of you are dubious about this due to the PG stuff. But honestly, it can be done. Remember the Hogan era? That was pretty kiddy stuff too, but Jake Roberts was still able to be booked as one of the most demented heels in wrestling history.

Or how about the dark days of the mid-90's? Again, WWE was presenting a very soft product but with some strong booking, Doink the Clown was able to become the biggest heel on the roster:

Ambrose needs something like this, something to shake the audience out of their apathy and get a reaction. Vince has done something good and created a number of successful faces, isn't it time that a heel like Ambrose came along and really went to war with the likes of Sheamus or Ryback? What gives me hope is how Damien Sandow has been booked, the fact that he was allowed to so systematically destroy Brodus Clay is a good sign that - if they have enough faith - WWE can still book strong heels.

But Ambrose needs to get this treatment right away, not just a squash match against Barry Horrowitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.