MLB: ONE WEEK!

126K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  DesolationRow 
#1 ·
The Cubs are so awful.

Discuss.

#1,021 ·
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Alexei imo.

Yeah Rios has come on nicely since around mid May or so. You know better than me, but he started pretty bad. Since he woke up, he's pretty clutch with the bat and has some outstanding run saving catches. It's gotta be Sale though in all seriousness. He's been incredibly dominant at times.

Rizzo looks kinda good in this game.

edit: And by "it's gotta be Sale", I mean the minimum one All Star they get. Not sure about MVP or most improved.

#1,022 ·

He really shouldn't get most improved either lulz. Dunn gets that by default after last year. It's nice to see things finally coming together for Rios though. Being a former Jay and all.

#1,034 ·

I actually agree with Maestro here. The stats aren't telling the whole story. I've watched a lot of White Sox and Rios has been major player. Don't know about slam dunk MVP, but Rios is a big deal on this team. Another thing those stats don't show is his play in RF.

edit: Actually maybe the WAR and wRC does. Still no clue what that shit is.

I do disagree that BB don't get the job done. They don't on their own, but nothing is done on its own in baseball. You need guys on base to score. This is only partially related to the topic which that ALEXEI is the GOATSOX.

Also...JOE NATHAN

Darvish is an interesting pitcher. Dude almost always starts shaky the last few starts (5 or so) but gets stronger as the game goes on.

#1,037 ·

WTF is a slash line? GTFO with all this shit. I don't care. Why can't we just talk baseball without all this bullshit? HR's count in this situation, batting average counts here but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter depending on the situation of the game. WAR is the league average of OPS = BLAH BLAH / SLUGGING * 0.42049209810, which obviously means Brett Lawrie is the MVP on the Blue Jays because he has the best WAR. Let's compare 3B to CF'ers and now say RF's aren't as valuable as CF'ers. WTF WTF WTF. FAP FAP FAP

Please, stop. My mind is blown and I can't keep track of all this discussion in here anymore.

#1,039 ·

WTF is a slash line? GTFO with all this shit. I don't care. Why can't we just talk baseball without all this bullshit? HR's count in this situation, batting average counts here but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter depending on the situation of the game. WAR is the league average of OPS = BLAH BLAH / SLUGGING * 0.42049209810, which obviously means Brett Lawrie is the MVP on the Blue Jays because he has the best WAR. Let's compare 3B to CF'ers and now say RF's aren't as valuable as CF'ers. WTF WTF WTF. FAP FAP FAP

Please, stop. My mind is blown and I can't keep track of all this discussion in here anymore.
:lmao alright I'm done. Sure Rios has had a fine year (I put him #5, no slight to him at all) but once someone disagrees and brings facts into it you just shun it away and say "LOL no Congratulations, you lose." w/e man. keep thinking Rios > Konerko and Dunn (first one isn't true and 2nd one is debatable at worst). I'm not saying it's all about numbers, but at least have something to back up your claim except subjective analysis.

#1,046 ·

Dunn might be one of the strongest hitters I've ever seen. Outside fastball a good 15 inches off the plate, hits the second deck to opposite field. Rios followed that up with a HR just below that same location. Oh yeah, nothing else is new. Sale is a horse. Danks and de Aza have supplied a couple of diving catches to help him out though.

#1,048 ·

I liked his glove, he made some big plays in center in his short time here. Always root for an ex-Marlin to do well and it seems like he's having a decent year with the bat and on the bags as well.

As for the current Marlins... :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss: ..way to ruin the good vibes going on in the city right now. The only good thing about them sucking Rosie O'Donnel ass juice are those 75 cent tickets to the games. Would rather having a winning product on the field then going to ten games for under ten bucks though..but w/e.

In other news... Cano is on fiyah. Them damn Yankees with the best record in baseball. Pettite suffered a broken ankle today though, and C.C. will miss his next 2 starts. LoL @ Tampa is now tied with Boston. Texas is hot too. Dat Darvish. Joe Nathan having a big bounce back season.

#1,049 ·

Lincecum is on his way back. Dominant performance on the mound, as he improved on his last start, which was also good despite those 3 runs early. The Dodgers without Ethier and Kemp are awful, but still, he's got to get his confidence back somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.