Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - When you think of WCW, who is the first person to come into your mind?

View Single Post

Old 06-05-2012, 03:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
MISTER. WINNING
DEVON WORLD ORDER

MISTER. WINNING is making a name for themselvesMISTER. WINNING is making a name for themselvesMISTER. WINNING is making a name for themselvesMISTER. WINNING is making a name for themselvesMISTER. WINNING is making a name for themselvesMISTER. WINNING is making a name for themselvesMISTER. WINNING is making a name for themselvesMISTER. WINNING is making a name for themselvesMISTER. WINNING is making a name for themselvesMISTER. WINNING is making a name for themselvesMISTER. WINNING is making a name for themselves
Default When you think of WCW, who is the first person to come into your mind?

Watching back at some old school WCW (NWA/Jim Crockett Promotions), it got me thinking, "When you heard WCW, who was the first person you thought of"?

Mine has to be without a doubt, Ric Flair.

You can make arguments for the likes of Sting or Hogan or Goldberg or Luger or nWo or Bischoff or Turner but I truly feel and believe that WCW wouldn't have been the company it was had it been for a pinnacle wrestler in the Nature Boy. He is the gold standard of what a true franchise player was. Whether it was from his heel runs as the World champion or his intentions with the Four Horsemen or to the guy always cutting eccentric and iconic promos to the matches that we go back and watch to this day, I truly believe the Ric Flair is WCW and WCW is Ric Flair.

What person comes to mind when you think of WCW?