Not open for further replies.

MLB: ONE WEEK!

126K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  DesolationRow 
#1 ·
The Cubs are so awful.

Discuss.

#945 ·
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Rizzo is not in the lineup tonight. Makes sense to wait until Tuesday since Johan is a lefty.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play. I'm sure part of his struggles were due to Petco, but most was probably just being overwhelmed. The Major League can eat you up and spit you out fast. Supposedly he's done some corrections to his swing, but we won't know until we see him in action.

#948 ·

I keep meaning to delete that silly irrelevent poll but keep forgetting.

What positions has Rizzo been playing in the minors? He was first base last year and they certainly don't have an opening there.

#950 ·

Didn't realize LaHair was still first base. Thought they already moved him and they had some jobber at first base. Either way I was being sarcastic.

#951 ·

Yeah LaHair is in RF, and some jobber is at 1B until tomorrow. Rizzo coming up means no more CAMPANA, or even less of him. Dude weighs like a 150 lbs and looks like he's 14, but he can steal bases like mad. He's entertaining for sure.

Youkilis is batting 2nd and Beckham goes to the bottom of the order. Youk ain't even hitting though. Maybe Ventura thinks the new setting will ignite him? Eh, I don't think it's a good idea, but Ventura knows more than I do.

#953 ·

CAMPANA will still play most days I'm sure. Late inning defensive replacement (he's fast, I assume he's a good fielder) as well as pinch running/hitting. It's the NL after all, EVERYONE PLAYS. Even Greg Dobbs. Greg freakin Dobbs.

#964 ·

Rangers top of the order save Beltre is slumping and even Beltre couldn't get a hit with RISP. If Texas comes back it'll have to be the bottom of the order that does.

Grimm just got destroyed in that 1st inning.
Yeah I was being a bit cynical, but I am surprised at how well Porcello has pitched today, especially after the last time he pitched against them he lasted a whole 4 outs and got rocked. Although he certainly had some poor luck involved in that, he's pitched well. Hopefully he keeps it up for another 2-3 innings.

Pedro? Really? The only Alvarez that matters is Henderson bro.
Tbh I was thinking Pedro too. I mean, it's the Blue Jays. Nobody pays attention to them, not even their own country :bron

#965 ·

Is Romero the only Jays starter that hasn't been injured?
We will see what happens with Alvarez but if he goes down then ya. They reported that he left for precautionary reasons following elbow soreness but they said the same thing about Drabek and he's getting TJS.

Tbh I was thinking Pedro too. I mean, it's the Blue Jays. Nobody pays attention to them, not even their own country :bron
LIES LIES LIES ALL LIES :(

#971 ·

MLB franchises with the longest current postseason drought
Seasons Team Last appearance
30 Washington Nationals 1981 NLCS (as the Montreal Expos)
26 Kansas City Royals 1985 World Series
19 Pittsburgh Pirates 1992 NLCS
18 Toronto Blue Jays 1993 World Series
14 Baltimore Orioles 1997 ALCS
10 Seattle Mariners 2001 ALCS
8 Miami Marlins 2003 World Series (as the Florida Marlins)
6 Houston Astros 2005 World Series
5 New York Mets 2006 NLCS
5 Oakland Athletics 2006 ALCS
5 San Diego Padres 2006 NLDS
4 Cleveland Indians 2007 ALCS
3 Chicago Cubs 2008 NLDS
3 Chicago White Sox 2008 ALDS
2 Boston Red Sox 2009 ALDS
2 Colorado Rockies 2009 NLDS
2 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 2009 ALCS
2 Los Angeles Dodgers 2009 NLCS
1 Atlanta Braves 2010 NLDS
1 Cincinnati Reds 2010 NLDS
1 Minnesota Twins 2010 ALDS
1 San Francisco Giants 2010 World Series
0 Arizona Diamondbacks 2011 NLDS
0 Detroit Tigers 2011 ALCS
0 Milwaukee Brewers 2011 NLCS
0 New York Yankees 2011 ALDS
0 Philadelphia Phillies 2011 NLDS
0 Tampa Bay Rays 2011 ALDS
0 St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series
0 Texas Rangers 2011 World Series
Same category as the Pirates, Royals, and Nats 8*D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.