Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 06-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #139 (permalink)
Brandon_Brownson
Learning to break kayfabe

Brandon_Brownson is an after thoughtBrandon_Brownson is an after thought
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

In order, as I read... you should know my reviewing style by now lol

Starting off with a No DQ match? Man, that's something I could have easily seen as the main event! Exciting way to kick off the night, though. Having most of the more extreme action happen with only a steel chair felt like a bit of a jip at first, but with how much variety you gave to such a simple weapon, it's hard for me to even want to complain about it. The table spot at the end provided a bit of variety, though. Again, it was sort of simple for a no DQ match, but with the style of Aero and Jamie, it made it work really well. Very strong opening.

I figured that the guy you were advertising was Carlito, but this kind of signs the contract, if you will. Can't wait to see what you do with Carly. I could easily see him being Danielson's next big feud.

Wait, you're replacing the Miz? Hmm... hopefully this means that he'll be making an in-ring debut. Personally, I'd love it if you brought in John Morrison and had the Dirt Sheet make their debut in AOW. Not that you need a new face in the tag division, since that's one of the hottest things in AOW right now, but it would definitely make things interesting, especially if you threw in some elements of Paparazzi Productions from TNA a few years back.

Another basic interview from Haas and Benjamin, but I wouldn't expect anything less. Their actions always spoke louder. Jericho popping in at the end, though... I can't help but wonder if this is foreshadowing one of the other three teams being part of the Worthy Legion? I mean, if it was any of them, I could see it being American Made. I don't want to jump the gun, though, since I have my reservations on thinking you'd add to the faction again.

I completely forgot that Elix was part of AOW, to be perfectly honest with you. I like him quite a bit, hoping you have big plans for him later down the line. I also like how you gave him a few good spots in what was otherwise a squash match. Wasn't expecting Elix to get a bunch of offense in, don't get me wrong, I'm just stoked that you didn't Delaney him. The Lashley spot after the match was done well. I can tell that you're prepping him to face off against Jericho, and having him go up against what could possibly be your number-two heel right now (Though, from me at least, he's getting the wrong kind of heat) is a good way to set him up to that level. I wouldn't complain if Joe was the one to dethrone the "Worthy Man"

Bringing in Sonya? Hmm... it definitely adds a new level of emotion to this angle. I think you handled it well, giving her minimal time. It really did add a certain level of emotion to this instead of having her ramble on and on and kill the segment. Short, sweet, to the point.

Kind of intrigued to see what you're doing with the Finlay angle. Not much more to say.

Another big win for the Sons of the Dungeon. I can't help but feel that SFC needed the win just a little bit more, but it did make me happy seeing SotD getting their hands raised at the end. Once again, your tag division is possibly the best thing you have going right now.

I can't help but speculate a Miz-Punk feud once Punk is done with Hassan. Speakings of, the attack actually caught me off guard. I also can't help but speculate that The Mercenaries are going to turn on Hassan soon. The animosity between them... you can truly cut that tension with a knife!

A death threat against Heyman? Hmm... you really do know how to make me wonder, mate!

The Jericho-Michaels segment was decent. The mirror spot added a new bit of excitement to it, but I could go a week without hearing Jericho, at this point. I just can't help but feel a certain Cena vibe from him, where a break for a week or two would probably benefit the show and benefit Jericho. Just my opinion, at least.

Is the supershow really the next show? Wow... time flies!

All in all, another good show. While, again, I could use a break from Jericho, the rest of the show was spot-on. Can't wait for the super show!
Brandon_Brownson is offline   Reply With Quote