Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

View Single Post

Old 06-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #4350 (permalink)
Cactus
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Cactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missed
Default re: Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Zero-1 PowerxPowerxPower

Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Yuhi
Surprisingly decent for a throwaway joshi opener. Yuhi looked very young (I'd say about 18-19 at the most) but was great here.
Rating: **3/4

Takuya Sugawara vs Craig Classic vs Raideen vs Menso~re Oyaji vs Yusaku Obata vs Shito Ueda vs Nick Primo vs Marcus Bean vs Sean O'Shea vs Mikey Broadrick - Battle Royal
Piss-poor timed battle royal. Nothing really flowed well but it had some cool and funny moments at least.
Rating: *1/2

Daichi Hashimoto & Yoshikazu Yokoyama vs Kazuki Hashimoto & Takumi Tsukamoto
I hope I'm not the only one who hates how Daichi feels he has to throw DRAMATIC ELBOWS~! in all of his matches. I can stomach them when they are used in the finishing stretch, but using them three minutes into the match just irritants me. Anyways, it didn't hurt the match too much though. I got to see some Hashimoto on Hashimoto violence and I'm partially satisfied.
Rating: **1/2

Jimmy Susumu & Jimmy Kagetora (c) vs Takafumi Ito & Mineo Fujita - NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Title
The heel/face dynamic was pretty confusing. The Jimmies (who remind me of a more athletic Jado and Gedo) resorted to heel tactics yet still got cheered and got a comeback. It's nothing too major. Aside from that, the match was very good. Ito was the star though. He looked like an old-school shooter and would catch the Jimmies flawlessly in mid-air and lock them in Fujiwara armbars and leg grapevines.
Rating: ***1/2

Shinjiro Otani, Ryouji Sai & Zeus vs Kohei Sato, KAMIKAZE & Tomoaki Honma

Otani and Honma really know how to rile up a crowd and that made for a great match alone.
Rating: ***

Masato Tanaka & Ikuto Hidaka vs Naomichi Marufuji & Taiji Ishimori
I thought this was just going to be a dose of underwhelming Ishimori/Marufuji flippy shit and it was for the first part. However when the Hidaka made the hot tag to Tanaka, the place exploded. This all lead to MaruMori upping it up a notch and go balls to the walls with spots. Well-timed and structured spotfest and Marufuji's best performance since his match with Suigura last November.
Rating: ****

Akebono (c) vs Daisuke Sekimoto (c) - World Heavyweight Title vs NWA World Premium Heavyweight Title
Talk about disappointing. At the start of the match, a worried looking Sekimoto looked at the behemoth that is Akebono. How is this short statured man going to take down this beast of a man? It's the perfect backstory. ...then Sekimoto hits a german on Akebono and starts working him over with easy two minutes in. Ergh. Not only that, but this barely went eight minutes. It's a title unification match, not an opener. There was a cool moment when Sekimoto powered up after getting splashed, but apart from that this is skippable.
Rating: **

Overall:
Give it a watch. Good showing from Zero-1.
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote