Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - When did the WWF/E World Title surpass the NWA/WCW World Title in prestige?

View Single Post

Old 06-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elipses Corter
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.

Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500Elipses Corter 9001 - 9500
Default Re: When did the WWF/E World Title surpass the NWA/WCW World Title in prestige?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
I always felt the WWF Title was more prestigious, even when WCW had surpassed them. The NWA/WCW Title had been around much longer but the WWF Title had been worn by bigger names in bigger venues on bigger stages.
So, I suppose Flair, Giant Baba, Dusty Rhodes in the south, Kerry Von Erich in Texas, Tatsumi Fujinami, Masa Chono, Great Muta, Lex Luger & Goldberg aren't big names in the wrestling business and globally.

I suppose that Texas Stadium, the Greensboro Coliseum, which has tons of wrestling history, Tokyo Dome, the Georgia Dome, the Super Dome and the Cow Palace aren't big wrestling videos.

Majority of the previously mentioned buildings are far bigger and have had higher attendance then most of the WWE's big, non dome arenas.

I understand that we agree to disagree but most of the guys who held the WCW/NWA Title are HUGE around the world and the main areas the belt was defended in where the hot beds of professional wrestling for decades. But once Hogan and the ex WWF guys came, it kind of lost it's prestige.
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote