Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - When did the WWF/E World Title surpass the NWA/WCW World Title in prestige?

View Single Post

Old 06-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches

xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselves
Default Re: When did the WWF/E World Title surpass the NWA/WCW World Title in prestige?

I always viewed the NWA Title as the true world title, considering Flair in the 80's and 90's defended it any and everywhere. Back in the 80's, Flair would defend it in various territories and in the 90's would often defend it in Japan. Also, the NWA title centered more around actual wrestling.

But honestly, I think the WCW Title really lost prestige after "The Fingerpoke of Doom". Seems like a spit in the face of all the greats that held the big gold belt.
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote