Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 Football Transfer Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #1011 (permalink)
Gambit
MOTHER....ING BEARSHARK

Gambit has posts worth readingGambit has posts worth readingGambit has posts worth readingGambit has posts worth readingGambit has posts worth readingGambit has posts worth readingGambit has posts worth readingGambit has posts worth readingGambit has posts worth readingGambit has posts worth readingGambit has posts worth reading
Default Re: 2012-13 Football Transfer Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige™ View Post
Abso-bloody-exactly as Mr. Partridge would say!

Wasn't aimed at your post mate. Rodgers has been in the game for as long as AVB, who yeah you could've got, but how long was he at Porto and the club before?

He's only been successful at Swansea but he's done a damn good job. Like AVB, Jose brought him in at Chelsea and he was managing the youth & reserve teams while AVB was scouting for Jose before going onto Watford & Reading. To take Swansea up and not spend much money, playing the football he does too is impressive. One big difference between Rodgers & AVB last season is that the players were clearly playing for him and he had his team well organised & motivated. AVB's a bigger name and managed at a couple of big clubs but Rodgers is probably the guy I'd want if I was a Liverpool fan.
Sorry have had a long days of saying Rodgers is not my first choice and getting ripped and accused of wanting Pep for the job.

I agree he has done an amazing job at Swansea. The football he plays is great and he has not spent a lot but a lot of the ground work was done by Martinez. He is a better man manager then AVB I agree there. But Rodgers I can see failing for a few reasons mostly outside of his control. If he starts slowly people will get on his back for replacing Kenny. I also think he may not get enough time as we need to rebuild and give him a few years to have a go. Top should be the aim for this year and build from there.

Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote