#1 ·
Top 5 streak matches imo -

1. Taker/HBK Wm 25
2. Taker/HHH Wm 27
3. Taker/HHH Wm 28
4. Taker/HBK Wm 26
5. Taker/Orton Wm 21.

#354 ·
Re: Who should beat the Undertaker in WM?

If we assume that it MUST happen, then it'll be John Cena. This isn't a question of worthiness, it's a question of likelihood. Selecting anyone other than Cena is foolish.

#356 ·

Someone once brought up the idea of Kane ending it, and I think that's a wonderful idea. However they would really have to bring back that monster in Kane and build him back up properly in what could be the war to finally settle the score, for Kane to finally get his decisive comeuppance on his big brother after all these years and losing twice at WM to his brother. I would rather the streak never end, but if they must, Kane would be the only one I would be cool with ending it, I think its a cool idea.

#357 ·

Kane ending the streak is a horrific idea. The whole point is that Undertaker has stacked up an incredible amount of heat/energy with his 20-0 streak, and a loss at WrestleMania would transmit that energy to whoever beats him. Is Kane, far closer to the end than the beginning, a worthy recipient of all that energy and heat?

Of course not. Whoever beats Undertaker at WrestleMania should be someone that can live off that heat/energy for years to come. Kane, obviously, does not fit the bill.

#359 ·

One thing to consider is that they can get further mileage out of the streak by having someone else try to match it someday. It's as big a deal as actually ending the streak and it preserves the streak itself. It's unlikely they'd have the inclination or even the consistency to manage it, but it is, in my opinion, one more argument in favor of having nobody end it.

#362 ·
Wrestlemania VII - The Undertaker vs Jimmy Snuka. 1-0
Wrestlemania VIII - The Undertaker vs Jake Roberts. 2-0
Wrestlemania IX - The Undertaker vs Giant Gonzalez. 3-0
Wrestlemania XI - The Undertaker vs King Kong Bundy. 4-0
Wrestlemania XII - The Undertaker vs Diesel. 5-0
Wrestlemania 13 - The Undertaker vs Sycho Sid. 6-0
Wrestlemania XIV - The Undertaker vs Kane. 7-0
Wrestlemania XV - The Undertaker vs Big Boss Man. 8-0
Wrestlemania X-Seven - The Undertaker vs Triple H. 9-0
Wrestlamania X8 - The Undertaker vs Ric Flair. 10-0
Wrestlemania XIX - The Undertaker vs The Big Show and A-Train. 11-0
Wrestlemania XX - The Undertaker vs Kane. 12-0
Wrestlemania 21 - The Undertaker vs Randy Orton. 13-0
Wrestlemania 22 - The Undertaker vs Mark Henry. 14-0
Wrestlemania 23 - The Undertaker vs Batista. 15-0
Wrestlemania XXIV - The Undertaker vs Edge. 16-0
Wrestlemania 25 -The Undertaker vs Shawn Micheals. 17-0
Wrestlemania XXVI - The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels. 18-0
Wrestlemania XXVII - The undertaker vs Triple H. 19-0
Wrestlemania XXVIII - The Undertaker vs Triple H. 20-0
Wrestlemania XXIX - The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar. 21-0
Wrestlemania 30 - The Undertaker vs John Cena. - 22-0

Then maybe call it a career or maybe go on to 25-0?

#363 ·
Then maybe call it a career or maybe go on to 25-0?
It's all gonna depend on the health of Taker. He'll have no problem wrestling 1 match a year for 5 more years if he doesn't get any serious injuries and if his body stays in good shape. But if he has another match like WM 27 where he's really hurt afterwards then I think he'll do 1 more WM and call it quits. So it could be 2 more matches, it could be 5, it could even be 10. Just don't know.

#365 ·
Thats why I kind of dread to see him go against Lesnar. Huge money match, yes, but I dont think its worth it. Im not saying Taker is a pussy and couldnt take Lesnar, but I mean Lesnar is a guy from UFC who has shown he doesnt mind to stiff em a few times, and if he done that shit to Taker especially at WM I dont see it going over too well. I also dont see Brock as the kind of guy to respect Taker and what he's done, the streak etc.. I wouldnt trust Brock to seriously put on a good match and not just fuck with him some... But its like in a way they have to find a way to do it cause if they can build up friggin Brock Lesnar, what a huge threat to the streak it would be, ( even though we all know he aint beatin Taker )..

I love the way Wm 28 ended but its gonna seem weird when Taker comes back for more WM matches. It almost seems like thats the way Takers last match should have ended, with a farewell type segment on Raw the next night.. But I guess that was really just the end of the era for those 3 men to be involved with each other, and it was probably meant to come across as that, not a farewell from Taker.

I swear if you go back and watch it slow at the end, right before Taker gets down to take his knee, like right when the camera shoots on him, it looks like he was suddenly balling a little bit.. Not that thats a bad thing, just sort of bittersweet. I hope he can come back for as many more as he POSSIBLY can cause I dread dread dread the night that turns out to be his last in WWE. Its like the number 1 thing I dread in life and when that happens, there will be no more WWE for me and it will all just be a chapter of my life thats over but the Memory Remains.

Jesus I never thought as a kid, one day i'd be watching these guys compete in their 50's, close to calling it quits.. It all seemed like it could never end as a kid, and suddenly these days many of those guys are already gone. Sad, fucking sad. But The Memory Remains.

#367 ·
Rumored Top WrestleMania 29 Matches!

Obviously, this is all rumors and nothing more at this point, but based on how WWE seemingly operates, I wouldn't be surprised if it were true, at least to a degree. Source is EWrestlingnews.com, and they credit the Observer as their source. This is paraphrased:

"Names being discussed for Undertaker's Wresltemania 29 Opponent are Brock Lesnar, John Cena and The Rock. The decision on who Taker will face has been left up to him. However, though, the plan is for the two names who Taker does not choose to face each other. For example, if Undertaker wants to work Wrestlemania with Brock Lesnar, John Cena and The Rock will face off again. If Undertaker chooses John Cena, then the plan would be for Rock/Brock."

I like this news. The only scenario I wouldn't absolutely love is Rock/Cena and Brock/Taker.

#368 ·
Rumored WrestleMania 29 opponents for the Undertaker

There are now three names being discussed to be The Undertaker's opponent at WrestleMania 29: The Rock, Brock Lesnar and John Cena.

The decision of who Undertaker will face has been left up to him. Even though the event is still nine months away, the plan is to have whoever doesn't face The Undertaker face each other. So if 'Taker wants to work with John Cena, The Rock would face Brock Lesnar, etc.

#380 ·
Re: Rumored WrestleMania 29 opponents for the Undertaker

the plan is to have whoever doesn't face The Undertaker face each other. So if 'Taker wants to work with John Cena, The Rock would face Brock Lesnar, etc.
If Undertaker faced Rock (he won't be, but hypothetically), then Cena won't be facing Lesnar. It's either going to be Undertaker/Lesnar or Undertaker/Cena.

#369 ·

Made a thread on this in the WWE PPV section, think I had you beat by a few minutes :D

I'd really love to see Taker vs. Cena and Rock vs. Brock, or Taker vs. Rock and Cena vs. Brock. Taker/Lesnar and Rock/Cena? Doesn't interest me but I'd be surprised if we got that. I'd even doubt WWE to shit on the entire premise of the WM28 main event and Taker/Lesnar have personal issues, so if it's his choice than I doubt it.

#370 ·

I would love to see Undertaker vs. John Cena and Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock I think those are 2 big money matches. I don't want to see Cena and Rock again or Lesnar and Cena. And most people want to see Cena vs. Taker because Cena is the only believable guy that could be a threat to The Undertaker's streak. I don't believe Lesnar or Rock would end the streak.

#377 ·

I would love to see Undertaker vs. John Cena and Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock I think those are 2 big money matches. I don't want to see Cena and Rock again or Lesnar and Cena. And most people want to see Cena vs. Taker because Cena is the only believable guy that could be a threat to The Undertaker's streak. I don't believe Lesnar or Rock would end the streak.
I agree with all that

#372 ·

Yeh either Brock/Cena + Rock/Taker or Brock/Rock + Cena/Taker would be fine. ONCE IN A LIFETIME

Straight copy from aforementioned thread. My voice must be heard!

#373 ·

I do think Cena vs. Taker should take place, just I would prefer Cena vs. Taker to be at Mania 30. Any reasoning to it is probably just because 30 feels just right to be a really big card. Rock vs. Lesnar seems hard to explain story-wise and makes it hard to cheer for two guys who might not return after that match (ex: Goldberg vs. Lesnar). Lesnar vs. Cena has already happened and I don't feel a rematch is necessary. So that leaves Lesnar and Taker, perfect story in kayfabe and out with the whole confrontation and the storyline Brock ego that wants to be the best and be on top, hence ending the streak. Rock and Cena could be the rematch that Cena wins, prompting a rubber match down the line. Or Rock vs. Cena 2 can go down the line of Rock vs. Austin in which Rock wins again, but Cena finally wins the third match.

Anyways, I like Taker vs. Lesnar and Rock vs. Cena the most.

#375 ·

On Cena's debut, Taker met him backstage with the title around his shoulder and introduced himself in a segment.

I feel Cena will beat Taker for the title at WM30 and that'll be it. Cena will end it with the title around his shoulder and they'll shake hands... I fear it so much......

#378 ·
Re: Rumored Top Wresltemania 29 Matches!

Undertaker vs Cena and Rock vs Brock are most intriguing to me. Only because Cena would have some legit potential to beat 'Taker. Brock vs Rock would get huge main stream coverage, but it does nothing for the other wrestlers with an action hero actor fighting a retired MMA champion.

Undertaker vs Cena, Rock vs Punk and Lesnar vs Sheamus would make the most sense. Give Punk and Sheamus the rob of working with the mainstream stars.

#379 ·

I don't picture The Rock challenging The Undertaker at all. And any combination of match between these 4 leaves hype being built for a feud between 2 guys who aren't on the regular show.

If Brock Lesnars deal is only 1 year/doesn't get renewed I think him bowing out after an intense match with The Undertaker would be most appropriate. As for where that leaves Rock/Cena, I personally don't want to see it again but I can't think of any other suitable opponents for either.

I'd kind of like to see Rock vs Triple H at WrestleMania, however wildcard that is. This could possibly leave Cena open to a triple threat match with Punk and Bryan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.