Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

View Single Post

Old 05-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #196 (permalink)
TJTheGr81
Getting over in the mid-card

TJTheGr81 TJTheGr81 TJTheGr81 TJTheGr81 TJTheGr81 TJTheGr81 TJTheGr81 TJTheGr81 TJTheGr81 TJTheGr81 TJTheGr81
Default Re: Report: Current plans for The Undertaker's opponent at WrestleMania 29.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
Rock's already stated that he's going after the belt. That disqualifies Taker, and makes Brock unlikely.

Lesnar losing also shows why he's going to face Taker. The streak isn't the Main Event. They can afford for Brock to drop a match or 2 because he's still Brock Lesnar and that in itself is a huge task to overcome.
Rock said he's going for the belt, that doesn't mean that he'll be in a title match for sure at WM 29. For all we know he could have a match like that at SummerSlam or Survivor Series (I know that isn't likely, I'm just saying I don't see why Rock has to be in the title match). But if that meant a potential Rock/Punk or whoever match, anything that keeps him away from Cena, I'm all for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathWFC View Post
Taker vs Lesnar would be utterly pointless. It'd be painfully obvious more than ever that the streak wouldn't end.

It HAS to be Rock vs Brock for the title, that really would be the biggest match in WWE history.
It's going to be painfully obvious no matter what. That honestly isn't the real allure of Streak matches any more. It's been painfully obvious for the last three years that the Streak won't end, Taker, HHH and HBK have just been excellent at getting people caught up in the moment, even if only for a second. If Lesnar and Taker can create that chemistry again, then that's what will get people to want to see the match. The only person I think has a legitimate shot at ending the Streak is Cena, and that is EXACTLY I do NOT want Cena/Taker at Mania.

It's About Damn Time.
TJTheGr81 is offline   Reply With Quote