Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Classic Wrestling General Discussion & Review Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
Coffey
Moron

Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey
Default Re: Classic Wrestling General Discussion: Review & Recommend Wrestlers/Matches/Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruiserKC View Post
Clique...I fucking love this section. It gives me a chance to go back in time and view what the product was once like. I don't compare what we see now to what we saw back then, it's two entirely separate deals.
I love the internet. Being able to go back and re-assess wrestlers with a different perspective is a great thing. I tell you what, I've really learned to appreciate guys like King Kong Bundy, who I slept on completely when I was a lot younger. Nick Bockwinkel is a big one too. I just completely slept on those guys.

But more than that, guys that I know are great, I can see a bigger selection of their work. Jumbo, Destroyer, Backlund, Terry Funk, etc.

Some guys are still pretty rough for me to find though. Rikidozan, Lou Thesz, Buddy Rogers, Strangler...

And it's always fun to watch guys back in their prime, like Lawler or André.

It's just not the same when I see all of that and watch all of that then turn on TV to hear Michael Cole announcing John Cena.
Coffey is offline   Reply With Quote