Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

View Single Post

Old 05-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #4345 (permalink)
MF83
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

MF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friendsMF83 needs to make some friends
Default re: Official Puro Match/DVD Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Hasn't aired on Asahi yet. And from the looks of it, RUDOS is no longer offering free uploads on puroresu. With that in mind:

NJPW 2012 LIVE FINAL @ Osaka IMP Hall

- Nickelback AND Linkin Park as hype music. I can imagine literally nothing better to help out with the excitement building process.

- Nakanishi on commentary.

1. Hiromu Takahashi and Takaaki Watanabe vs. KUSHIDA & Ryusuke Taguchi:
Give Watanabe the IC Title. Looking forward to seeing Hiromu in the BOSJ. In hindsight, this came off as if Hiromu was always going to be in the tournament. He looked really good and looked like he was trying to belong. I appreciate Taguchi taking at least one shot to the arm he would tap one of them out with moments later. The little things like that and the surprisingly decent mat wrestling at the beginning make this worth watching.

2. Yano/Iizuka/Jado/Gedo vs. JuTenKojiMasuku:
Gedo attacks Liger to randomly start the match. Once things cooled down, Jado was assaulted with a blatantly illegal double strike combo from Tenzan Mask. Most men would have succumbed instantly to such a vicious series of strikes. Jado, an innocent victim not wanting to let himself or his faction down, mustered an almost unhuman amount of grit to inch his way closer and closer to the outstretched arm of Toru Yano. Unfortunately, Jado's body seemed to give out all at once when he was >this< close. What a damn shame. How a referee can blow such a call and continue employment without penalty, let alone termination, makes me question the integrity of New Japan Pro Wrestling. I recommend skipping this match out of protest.

3. Yuji Nagata, Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs. Suzuki-gun:
Wild, messy, fun match. TAKA is finally letting some of his personality shine through, instead of strictly playing second fiddle to Taichi. Some kind of setup for a future match or two happened afterwards and the best part about this entire segment is Suzuki-gun beating up youngin's' post-match.

4. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Tama Tonga:
This oughta be tremendous. I believe Shinsuke is the best extended squasher in all of pro wrestling. He helped Tonga look legitimate, in particular selling a simple back elbow as if it was murder. Crowd was very into this because of things like that. One of those perfectly satisfying throwaway matches. ***1/2

5. Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI & Masato Tanaka vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito & Captain New Japan:
Tanahashi and Naito take turns stepping in front of each other to stare down Okada like on night one of the BOSJ, while the crowd chants for the Captain of course. This turned out to be pretty good in the end. What makes it better than average is Okada being a hate magnet. Tanahashi and Naito both brought a couple of good exchanges to Okada and those alone make this worth a watch, if nothing else. ***

6. IWGP Intercontinental Title Match - Hirooki Goto (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii:
They start hot. All is well and good until the match falls victim to the "Goto Formula" and for a second, all hope is lost. That might just be me because I've been down on Goto lately, but that doesn't really matter because all of a sudden Ishii says, "well fuck this shit" and awakens everyone watching. He completely saves the match and gives a remarkable performance. He turns it on, and makes this an ultimately great match. There is one spot at the end you simply have to see, and I'm not going to spoil it. What a fucking ending stretch. I-SHI-I! I-SHI-I! I-SHI-I!!! ****

I'm satisfied, and for once my opinion might actually matter to you since the RUDOS uploading change-up may significantly lower the amount of stuff that shows up from here on out. This only cost me $5 from GaijinPuro.us and if that can be managed within your budget, I recommend you seek this if for nothing else than Nakamura/Tonga and the main event.

Last edited by MF83 : 05-29-2012 at 07:17 PM.
MF83 is offline   Reply With Quote